Windows 10: All touchpad settings are lost

Discus and support All touchpad settings are lost in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to have lost the function of my touchpad. I cannot find anything about it in my laptop. One day it was working just fine, the next thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JuriSmets, May 27, 2019.

1. JuriSmets Win User

All touchpad settings are lost

Hi,

I seem to have lost the function of my touchpad. I cannot find anything about it in my laptop. One day it was working just fine, the next thing it was gone as if it was never there. In device manager I can only find my wireless mouse, which I now use. Before I was able to use them both. So like I said, touchpad is not in my device manager for some reason and I'd like it back.

I have restarted my laptop several times, but so far no luck.

Please help.

:)

JuriSmets, May 27, 2019

2. precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 27, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 27, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Lost touchpad cursor after Windows Update

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're getting this concern is due to system conflicts such as outdated drivers. To better assist you with the touchpad query, we'd like to ask a few questions:

We also suggest that you revive the unresponsive touchpad. To do this, you may check the steps below:

• Open Settings and click Devices.
    • Select Mouse and touchpad option and click Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Select the tab that names your laptop's touchpad, usually named after the brand and the touchpad model.
    • If you don’t see such a tab, go to the tab labeled Device Settings or
      ELAN where you can find your touchpad listed under Devices.
    • Click on the touchpad to select and press the Enable button.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. All touchpad settings are lost - Similar Threads - touchpad settings are

2. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings: I wanted to change some sensitivity settings of my touchpad as on scrolling using touchpad since it just scrolls a lot like a lot of lines sometimes even directly to the bottom of the page in just one scroll but when I checked my `Touchpad` Settings, Only option I have is...
  3. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings: I wanted to change some sensitivity settings of my touchpad as on scrolling using touchpad since it just scrolls a lot like a lot of lines sometimes even directly to the bottom of the page in just one scroll but when I checked my `Touchpad` Settings, Only option I have is...
  4. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected All Drivers Up to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected All Drivers Up to...: After the latest flurry late June 2021 of Windows 10 Updates, my formerly disabled Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop is not only Not Disabled, but the selector "Leave Touchpad on when a Mouse is Connected" usually found in Settings:Devices:Touchpad had disappeared. Not only...
  6. Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop.: I have a laptop that is domain joined and I want to disable the touchpad for all users not just one certain account. Every time I disable it on a admin account and then log into another account to test it, the settings do not stay the same. There is no hotkey to disable it on...
  7. Touchpad not working, all related setting disappeared

Touchpad not working, all related setting disappeared: Please help, I recently installed and updated my HP Notebook 11 to Windows 10 20H2. All work fine but the touchpad. I can't use touchpad at all, the touchpad setting also disappeared, I found only mouse setting. I have gone through all suggestion, all are not working. There...
  8. Computer lost all settings after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer lost all settings after restart: I lost all my computer settings after restart on 16 April 2020. All updates seem to be current. The screen background was lost. I had to reset regional settings to what I had All files on desktop are lost mail settings in outlook, All historic data lost of Word docs...
  9. Lost touchpad and cursor

Lost touchpad and cursor: Anyone know how to restore touchpad and cursor on windows 10 asus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-touchpad-and-cursor/bbc09351-4d20-4295-9689-81475cc0cbce
  10. Lost Dell Touchpad

Lost Dell Touchpad: I perform a clean installation of windows because thanks to latest windows update I wasn’t able to print with hp deskjet 4546. I choose the custom option when I installed windows 10 pro so now I have windows.old in C: After doing that I realized the touchpad icon on the task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost cursor windows 10 laptop