Windows 10: All tray icons are inactive

Discus and support All tray icons are inactive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the third time within a few days that this has happened. All my tray icons are inactive and have lost their colour. Have not yet isolated what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Terrypin Win User

All tray icons are inactive

This is the third time within a few days that this has happened. All my tray icons are inactive and have lost their colour. Have not yet isolated what action directly preceded it. I just look up from whatever I'm typing or viewing or navigating etc, and they're black, white and grey and do nothing when clicked.

A restart fixes it, or closing Explorer from the TM and restarting it. But anyone know the likely cause and fix please?

The Taskbar icons are all OK.

This is Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.345)

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Oct 29, 2018

2. Where is my inactive icons tray

I have windows 10. There is no inactive icons tray. How do I activate it?

Norman Blumenfeld, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Oct 29, 2018
  4. All tray icons are inactive

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

All tray icons are inactive

1. All tray icons are inactive - Similar Threads - tray icons are

2. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  3. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  4. Icons in the system tray are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the system tray are all greyed out: As on the title says my icons in the system tray are all greyed out. I cant click on it and it is not responding. I can connect inside settings but the icon are still greyed on the tray. No changes made on this PC that might cause the issue....
  5. Icons in the system tray are all greyed out

Icons in the system tray are all greyed out: As on the title says my icons in the system tray are all greyed out. I cant click on it and it is not responding. I can connect inside settings but the icon are still greyed on the tray. No changes made on this PC that might cause the issue....
  6. Icons in the system tray are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  8. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  9. Desktop icons are inactive

Desktop icons are inactive: The issue appeared after installing the latest update. Some desktop icons are inactive - I click on them and nothing is happening. However another icons are active...
  10. Inactive icons in taskbar

Inactive icons in taskbar: I ran an update of Windows today. It may have been available for a while. but I was out of the country and had switched my computer off. After Windows installed, the icons in the task bar do not work for Excel, Office and the Photoshop Express that comes with Windows 10. The...