Windows 10: All UI menus and items blank/missing

Discus and support All UI menus and items blank/missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just RDP'd into my home machine, only to find that ALL standard toolbar UI menu items and dropdowns, even everything in the task manager, were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David Mancini, Feb 5, 2020.

1. All UI menus and items blank/missing

So I just RDP'd into my home machine, only to find that ALL standard toolbar UI menu items and dropdowns, even everything in the task manager, were nothing but completely blank, empty shells, like there was supposed to be content in them but nothing was there.

Did a recent Windows update bork RDP? Or have I been pwnd? I have a sizeable RDP username and password 25+ length password, it seems unlikely to have been cracked...

:)

David Mancini, Feb 5, 2020
  2. dhoshaw Win User

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Feb 5, 2020
  3. windows right click menu shows blank

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Start menu showing up blank on your system. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• How often does this issue occurs?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

This issue could be due to missing or corrupted files present on your system. We suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft Help article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 5, 2020
  4. JohnC Win User

All UI menus and items blank/missing

Newly downlowded; missing menus, blank screens, apps don't work...

Sometimes you need to run the scan 3 times. if that won't fix the problems try the DISM step and then try SFC again. Follow the tutorial it will lay out the procedure. From the tutorial:

All UI menus and items blank/missing [​IMG]

JohnC, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

All UI menus and items blank/missing

1. All UI menus and items blank/missing - Similar Threads - menus items blank

2. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  3. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  4. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 menus/UI weird bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 menus/UI weird bug: Hi,I'm having a problem with my windows 10 menus/UI.The only way i found to fix it is to restart my computer.I don't understand when it starts to happen.For further information I have my keyboard, mouse, xbox one controller plugged.I already tried restarting some services but...
  6. Windows 10 menus/UI weird bug

Windows 10 menus/UI weird bug: Hi,I'm having a problem with my windows 10 menus/UI.The only way i found to fix it is to restart my computer.I don't understand when it starts to happen.For further information I have my keyboard, mouse, xbox one controller plugged.I already tried restarting some services but...
  7. Missing TextShaper.dll, blank pop up menus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing TextShaper.dll, blank pop up menus: On start-up, I get a series of warnings about missing textshaper.dll files. I don't know how they went missing. anyway the consequence of it seems to be that a lot of pop up menus appear as blank boxes. How can I repair this?...
  8. Menu Items Blank

Menu Items Blank: I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with my PC. On booting into Windows 10 if I select the hidden icon menu in my task bar the menu opens but the icons are not visible. Also any menu item I open is transparent and blank as an example on closing Adobe Lightroom you...
  9. Restore "Explore" Item in Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Explore" Item in Context Menus?: Windows 7 saw the removal of the "Explore" item in the context menus. I know why, it was redundant, but I still would like to restore it. Here's the Recycle Bin context menu in Windows 2000: [ATTACH] And the same context menu in W10 after a bit of editing: [ATTACH]...
  10. Newly downlowded; missing menus, blank screens, apps don't work...

in Windows 10 Support
    Newly downlowded; missing menus, blank screens, apps don't work...: I just downloaded Windows 10 and am having issues with: missing pop-up menus; "Edge" & "Store" apps don't run (open with plain blue screens); I can't access Settings (same problem--I get only a plain blue screen); also Word 7 is buggy (i.e. the minimize button is missing when...