Windows 10: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

Discus and support All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian Hodgson1, Jun 9, 2023.

1. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in Wnidows10 Thanks

:)

Ian Hodgson1, Jun 9, 2023
  2. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170XP-SLI-rev-10#ov

foxslink, Jun 9, 2023
  3. USB 3 Ports not working

What's the external HDD model?
    From my personal experience I can tell that some USB storage devices have crappy/unreliable controllers (AsMedia being one of them). Had at least 5 flash drives and 2 enclosures that all of a sudden stopped working on USB3.0 bus (not even recognized), but work just fine on USB2.0.

What you need to do, is the following:
    1) stick a keyboard or mouse into presumably-non-working port to check if it's recognizing other devices
    2) If it works, then most likely ports are OK. Check if it's going to recognize something like a USB3.0 flash drive.
    3) Stick that ext.HDD into USB2.0 port to check if it works. If it does, then you have the same problem as I do.

If you were trying to connect it to a front panel USB, then it's also worth checking the cable inside your case. That stupid thing is so stiff, that sometimes it manages to wiggle itself out of the header and mess with USB connection.

silentbogo, Jun 9, 2023
  4. jjtyler Win User

All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

1. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. - Similar Threads - USB ports are

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB ports not working: All my 3 of my USB ports have stopped working on my laptop for some reason. They were working fine up until the other day, and I have no idea what caused it. My external USB mouse and keyboard which are in working condition can't connect at all, and USB drives aren't detected...
  5. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  6. USB 3 Ports No Longer Work

USB 3 Ports No Longer Work: After updating Windows back in May, my USB 3.0 ports provide power, but no data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the USB drivers to no avail. I have been unable to find an older version of the drivers to rollback to. I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build...
  7. USB ports not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working at all: Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone can really help me out here. I installed the 2004 update but none of my USB ports work now on my desktop. I don't have a ps/2 port but the keyboard works in the BIOS. Does anyone know of any solution to this? I bought a Sata station...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. USB 2 port not working

USB 2 port not working: The USB 2 port on my HP Pavillion laptop doesn't work; Device Manager doesn't recognize the port but there is power at the port and it will run a charger. The MS USB Troubleshooter responds with, "The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed." I've...
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...