Windows 10: All USB devices get re-connected when plugging another one

Discus and support All USB devices get re-connected when plugging another one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home OS on my HP laptop, 2 WD 1 TB external hard drives, 1 flash drive. The issue is the following: When plugging the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alex815, Apr 26, 2019.

1. alex815 Win User

All USB devices get re-connected when plugging another one

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home OS on my HP laptop, 2 WD 1 TB external hard drives, 1 flash drive.

The issue is the following:

When plugging the second HDD, all USB devices get re-connected.

I just want to avoid re-connections when a new USB device is plugged.

Is this behaviour expected or it's a configuration issue?

Thanks in advance!

:)

alex815, Apr 26, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

Hi Wendelly,

As you say it is from your USB ports, but I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Does a BSOD occur with every (should working) device you're trying to connect via USB?
    2. Does a BSOD occur when a device is connected on different USB ports?

3. Dice Vil Win User
    unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. All USB devices get re-connected when plugging another one - Similar Threads - USB devices connected

2. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  3. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  4. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  6. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  7. USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in: Hello dear community : I have a problem with my HP laptop 15-dw1xxx with a Intel core i5-10210U 1.60 GHz, MS Windows 10 home, 64bit. Suddenly, I got the notification "USB device not recognized" although no USB device has been changed in that moment. Besides, there is the...
  8. All USB devices stop working unless I unplug/ re-plug a USB device back in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All USB devices stop working unless I unplug/ re-plug a USB device back in: * I previously posted this in /r/techsupport but did not get any solutions to the problem * I've had this Windows 10 computer for about 3-4 years now and up until a few days ago it was working perfectly fine with no problems. Yesterday, my computer wouldn't detect my PS3...
  9. USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/

USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/: Hello, About 3 days ago I started hearing the sound of a USB Device connecting then disconnecting over and over again on my Laptop, even though there are no devices plugged into any of my 3 (total) USB Ports. I tried inserting different devices into the Ports but the sound...
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...