Windows 10: All USB devices hidden

Discus and support All USB devices hidden in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; None of my USB devices are showing up in File Explorer and they are hidden inDevice Manager. If I plug them in one at a time they were on a powered USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luftmarque, Mar 25, 2023.

1. All USB devices hidden

None of my USB devices are showing up in File Explorer and they are hidden inDevice Manager. If I plug them in one at a time they were on a powered USB multiplier the only one that shows up is a USB drive the others are a drawing pad, a foot pedal, a portable hard drive, and a CD/DVD device.I would do a System

:)

Luftmarque, Mar 25, 2023

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 25, 2023
  3. When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager

Hi,

Since you've mentioned that the USB 3.0 doesn't appear in the Device Manager window. We recommend that you check the BIOS settings your device if the USB 3.0 is enabled. If you've already checked the BIOS settings and found out that it is enabled, we suggest
    that you follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Under the View tab, click Show hidden devices.
    • Check Universal Serial Bus controllers if it will show the missing items.

This will show all the hidden devices under Device Manager.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Borolad57 Win User

All USB devices hidden

USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and didn't have access to my PC.

I'm trying to check whether the webcam is blocked or not by following your instructions. I've followed Step 1 and 2 OK as requested. Your step 3 implies to me that I should now see a list of blocked apps in a box. However when I click on
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall what I get is a list of the allowed Apps and Features rather than a list of Blocked Apps. I cannot see webcam or anything similar in the list of allowed apps.

Did I follow your steps correctly. Am I missing something here?

Webcam is still classed as hidden in Device manage and the Camera App still cannot see it.

Regards

Borolad57, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

All USB devices hidden

1. All USB devices hidden - Similar Threads - USB devices hidden

2. All USB devices hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices hidden: None of my USB devices are showing up in File Explorer and they are hidden inDevice Manager. If I plug them in one at a time they were on a powered USB multiplier the only one that shows up is a USB drive the others are a drawing pad, a foot pedal, a portable hard drive, and...
  3. Hidden USB key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden USB key: Hello everybody!I have an issue with my USB key. When I plugged it, my computer recognize it, but when I want to see the files in it I can’t find it. I've turned on the hidden files and my USB key appears life a hidden folder and I can’t access it. And, when I look in the...
  4. Hidden USB key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden USB key: Hello everybody!I have an issue with my USB key. When I plugged it, my computer recognize it, but when I want to see the files in it I can’t find it. I've turned on the hidden files and my USB key appears life a hidden folder and I can’t access it. And, when I look in the...
  5. All USB devices fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices fail: Hello! My problem is really annoying and makes me lose a lot of work and progress. A few years ago my mouse started disconnecting from the computer, but there was no sign of damage and it happened with other mouses too. After maybe 2 weeks it stopped, but about half a year...
  6. All USB devices fail

All USB devices fail: Hello! My problem is really annoying and makes me lose a lot of work and progress. A few years ago my mouse started disconnecting from the computer, but there was no sign of damage and it happened with other mouses too. After maybe 2 weeks it stopped, but about half a year...
  7. All USB devices fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. All apps are hidden.

All apps are hidden.: Sometimes when I start my PC all my apps on my desktop are gone and replaced by a little box on the top left of my screen.Only when I double click this box all my apps are there again. I would like to remaove this and just have all my apps there from start.I dont know how I...
  9. All apps are hidden.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All apps are hidden.: Sometimes when I start my PC all my apps on my desktop are gone and replaced by a little box on the top left of my screen.Only when I double click this box all my apps are there again. I would like to remaove this and just have all my apps there from start.I dont know how I...
  10. All USB Devices Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB Devices Not Recognized: I've had this ongoing issue for a few months. Anytime I plug in any USB device, Windows will not load drivers for them. Devices show up under "Other Devices" and The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device....