Windows 10: All USB devices not working - OS problem

Discus and support All USB devices not working - OS problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, The other day I was downloading a steam game and left my PC to it. I came back a few hours later to find my mouse pointer had disappeared and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RazerSauber, May 3, 2019.

1. All USB devices not working - OS problem

Hello,

The other day I was downloading a steam game and left my PC to it. I came back a few hours later to find my mouse pointer had disappeared and all my USB devices had stopped working. I have to press F1 each time I boot my PC due to a dicky BIOS and my keyboard lights up during boot so I know it works ok. I have also tried alternative keyboards and mice. Even my USB wifi dongle doesn't work. I'm totally stumped. All the answers point towards it being a problem with USB service not starting, or something similar. My light up keyboard is lit during boot then when Win 10 loads, it usually flashes and all is good. Now it just goes out and stays out. I've tried restarts, unplugging, different ports, ports on the back, ports on the front. Not a jot works. My backgrounds change, my clock is OK and I still get the odd pop up from anti-virus etc so the PC seems to be on and waiting but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it working. I've even forced safe mode with constant restarting but the mouse/keyboard doesn't work there either.

Any hints?

Many thanks.

:)

RazerSauber, May 3, 2019
  2. veldthui Win User

USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, May 3, 2019
  3. USB Mass Storage device is an older USB device and moight not work with USB 3.0

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Hardware and Devices

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Right click the USB Mass Storage Device in the list

Click Uninstall

Restart then check if its detected and working.

Other things you can try:

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre Da Costa, May 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

All USB devices not working - OS problem

USB Devices Don't Work Properly After Restart

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: I suggest you to updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 3, 2019
Thema:

All USB devices not working - OS problem

1. All USB devices not working - OS problem - Similar Threads - USB devices working

2. All USB devices hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices hidden: None of my USB devices are showing up in File Explorer and they are hidden inDevice Manager. If I plug them in one at a time they were on a powered USB multiplier the only one that shows up is a USB drive the others are a drawing pad, a foot pedal, a portable hard drive, and...
  3. All USB devices fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices fail: Hello! My problem is really annoying and makes me lose a lot of work and progress. A few years ago my mouse started disconnecting from the computer, but there was no sign of damage and it happened with other mouses too. After maybe 2 weeks it stopped, but about half a year...
  4. Usb Device Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  5. Usb Device Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  6. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  7. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  8. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Problem with a USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with a USB device: In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers it says "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)". If I double click this entry and chose "View All Events" and then double click the "Error" entry I see the following: Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&215af1b4&0&13 had...
  10. USB devices problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices problem: My USB devices shows up as "unspecified" on the control panel. submitted by /u/Windows10User2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dydp9p/usb_devices_problem/