Windows 10: All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM

Discus and support All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; So I'm running a macOS Mojave VM on virtualbox on my win10 PC. I have got it set up so that it loads the language selection screen. But as soon as i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ainsley, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ainsley Win User

All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM

So I'm running a macOS Mojave VM on virtualbox on my win10 PC. I have got it set up so that it loads the language selection screen. But as soon as i load up the VM, all my USB devices (wired keyboard, wired mouse, wifi adapter, bluetooth adapter for my wireless mouse, USB stick and USB hub all just stop working, nothing works except the lights on my keyboard (but the button to change the colour of them doesnt work). The lights on my other peripherals dont work though. So i cant select language or even do anything and the only option is shutting down my PC.
    Any help very much appreciated

:)

ainsley, Mar 12, 2019
  2. ainsley Win User

any way to run MacOS in a VM with an AMD processor?

So i want to run macOS High Sierra or Mojave in a VM on my windows PC.
    I watched a load of tutorials online, and none worked. i then read that you can't run macOS, even in a VM, with an AMD processor, and i have an fx 6300.
    Is there really no way at all for me to run a VM with macOS?

ainsley, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

USB legecy is on and by pressing F12, i get the option which device to boot, ive tried both the usb options listed there(simple and uefi one) nothing works

Harry9001, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM - Similar Threads - USB devices stop

2. All USB devices stop working after boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices stop working after boot up: I purchased a new PC that has Windows 11 a couple months ago I have had no issues with it. I restarted my computer and now nothing plugged into any of my USB ports function. This includes mouse, keyboard, headset, or any flash drive. They work before I get to desktop because...
  3. All USB devices stop working after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB devices stop working after boot up: I purchased a new PC that has Windows 11 a couple months ago I have had no issues with it. I restarted my computer and now nothing plugged into any of my USB ports function. This includes mouse, keyboard, headset, or any flash drive. They work before I get to desktop because...
  4. All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads: Having a most peculiar issue with a Windows 11 Desktop. This has occurred 3 times in the last few months, and each time a Windows Reset fixes the problem at the expense of having to reinstall most of my software. The issue is occurring on Windows boot- after Windows starts,...
  5. All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads

All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads: Having a most peculiar issue with a Windows 11 Desktop. This has occurred 3 times in the last few months, and each time a Windows Reset fixes the problem at the expense of having to reinstall most of my software. The issue is occurring on Windows boot- after Windows starts,...
  6. All USB devices stop working only after Windows boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices stop working only after Windows boots: Hello, and thanks in advance for checking this out.As the title states, all my USB devices stop working once Windows boots. My keyboard and mouse function before that, and I'm able to enter the Setup Menu, but as soon as it loads to the Windows login screen it all shuts...
  7. All USB devices stop working only after Windows boots

All USB devices stop working only after Windows boots: Hello, and thanks in advance for checking this out.As the title states, all my USB devices stop working once Windows boots. My keyboard and mouse function before that, and I'm able to enter the Setup Menu, but as soon as it loads to the Windows login screen it all shuts...
  8. All USB devices stop working only after Windows boots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. VM MacOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VM MacOS: So I'm following guides to install mac os high sierra but when I got to turn on the VM I get an error https://i.gyazo.com/c76c8fcd91b6672c5c8c6161bbadfe24.png Any of you had this and found a fix? submitted by /u/Los2t [link] [comments]...
  10. Downloading QuickBooks to my MacOS Mojave

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading QuickBooks to my MacOS Mojave: I am trying to download QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019 to my MacBook Air, MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4. When I click to download I receive this message. You can’t open the application “Setup_QuickBooksPro2019.exe” because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on...