Windows 10: All USB-installed printers lost after Update 1903

Discus and support All USB-installed printers lost after Update 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had been required to install the May update (1903), under threat of the System that otherwise I would Looks the support. So I did. After that, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McBeetle, Aug 10, 2019.

1. McBeetle Win User

All USB-installed printers lost after Update 1903

I had been required to install the May update (1903), under threat of the System that otherwise I would Looks the support. So I did. After that, all installed Printers were "lost". Installing web Printers was easy, but I still have Trouble with USB-connected Printers. Even with the original Installation disks and procedures, Windows 10 frequently does not recognize the Printers (e.g. only after unplugging the USB cable and reconnecting it. Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it?

:)

McBeetle, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Firebeast Win User

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Aug 10, 2019
  3. USB Printer Port vanished following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if they help:

Method 1: Printer troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Method 2: Update you printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Printers.

• Double-click on the Printer.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Method 3: Manually install your printer.

Click on the link below and follow the steps to manually install a printer. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 10, 2019
  4. All USB-installed printers lost after Update 1903

USB issue with win10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing with the USB drive?
    2. What do you mean when you say "sub-directory link" and "if its saved on a USB drive"?
    3. Is the USB drive letter changing itself after the 1903 update?

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

All USB-installed printers lost after Update 1903

1. All USB-installed printers lost after Update 1903 - Similar Threads - USB installed printers

2. BSOD after update, I lost all my usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after update, I lost all my usb.: I crashed hard!!! Typically fixes are easy for me!!!However I lost all of my usb devices.I fix up phones and computers on the side.Well DID. I’m currently without all of my equipment due toLeaving a very bad situation.My computer backup crashed after updating.I’ve tried...
  3. BSOD after update, I lost all my usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after update, I lost all my usb.: I crashed hard!!! Typically fixes are easy for me!!!However I lost all of my usb devices.I fix up phones and computers on the side.Well DID. I’m currently without all of my equipment due toLeaving a very bad situation.My computer backup crashed after updating.I’ve tried...
  4. BSOD after update, I lost all my usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound lost after Windows update to 1903: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable,...
  6. Lost Printer After Critical Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Printer After Critical Update: An update was put out and it caused me to lose the ability to use my printer. It started with issues at work on my Windows 10 computer. My bosses were having issues also. And then when I tried to print from my home computer, it did the same thing. At home, I uninstalled and...
  7. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903: Printer Spooler was automatically turned off when installing Windows Update 1903. I tried a series of troubleshooting, the solving was not succeed. Windows Update 1903 was uninstalled, the printer spooler resume and working properly. Is there any solution that can solve...
  8. All printers gone after updating to Windows 10 19H1 version 1903

All printers gone after updating to Windows 10 19H1 version 1903: This includes the standard printers Microsoft Print to PDF, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, OneNote, Send to OneNote etc. Tried the following remedies (all with no effect) 1. Reinstalled one of the network printer drivers. It created a new printer with (1) appended at the...
  9. USB Problem after 1903 update

USB Problem after 1903 update: Seemingly my 1093 update went through OK, maybe before the block was put on for USB connected items. I now have problems which appear related to USB. Adobe Lightroom appears to function perfectly until I attempt to import new image(s). It then hangs, even before the...
  10. windows 10 1903 says all USB drives are empty(after 1903 completely installed?)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 1903 says all USB drives are empty(after 1903 completely installed?): Ok installed Windows 10 1903 upgrade and no updates left to install. Now I plug in my SUNPAK 72-in-1 high-speed card reader and it says all drives are EMPTY? **** this into Windows 10 not upgraded to Windows 10 1903 and all my files are there? Clearly Windows 10 1903 is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 printers dont show until reboot

2. printers for windows 10 update 1903

3. 1903 printers missing

4. printers disappear after 1903