Windows 10: All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect

Discus and support All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue had appeared today on my brothers computer and I don't know how to fix this in any way possible. So all ports are fried or something even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaCKYYYYBoi, Dec 5, 2020.

1. All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect

This issue had appeared today on my brothers computer and I don't know how to fix this in any way possible.

So all ports are fried or something even using an external usb bus wont help, nothing would connect to it. Even after restarting, nothing the mouse and keyboard are not the issue I tested them on my laptop and they work fine. Please help.

:)

JaCKYYYYBoi, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

All USB ports disconnect and reconnect sometimes?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that USB ports are disconnected and reconnected randomly.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. USB drivers are corrupt.

2. USB port is not working.

3. Hardware issue.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press “Windows Key + W”.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    Enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers from device manager and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b) Expand the USB controllers, click on the drivers.

c) Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d) Click OK.

Note: Reboot the computer and it will automatically update drivers.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 5, 2020
  3. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that
    my power supply isn't giving enough power? or is it something else

tobyguilmon, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Isak92 Win User

All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

Hi!

I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects
    but yesterday it got worse and both disconnected but didnt reconnect but the lights on the keyboard and mouse where still on.

After the first times it happened I updated windows (didn't fix problem). Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs and deselecting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (didn't fix problem). I have also
    tried going into the power plan and change USB settings to "USB selective suspend setting disabled" (didn't fix problem). I have uninstalled root hubs and restarted the computer (didnt fix problem). However I didn't uninstall every root hub or USB hub option
    because I read that for some people the usb ports didn't work at all after that. I have tried the mouse on a different computer and it works without problems I have also tried different ports and both keyboard and mouse has been connected in the USB ports
    on the back and the problem persists.

I read that a windows update (KB4074588) could be the problem but I could not find that update on my computer in the updates section under Programs and features.

Regards

Isak

Isak92, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect

1. All USB Ports disconnected / wont reconnect - Similar Threads - USB Ports disconnected

2. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  3. all usb ports disconnect and reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all usb ports disconnect and reconnect: for some time i had a issue with my usb ports disconnecting and reconnecting at times but it has mostly been once or twice a day and some days with no issue. but yesterday a purchased a new wireless headset and now the issue has become way more frequent. whenever i start a...
  4. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  5. USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting for mouse only

USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting for mouse only: Hi! In these days I had this problem with the usb ports, so basically when I play games and shake the mouse quickly it is disconnected and reconnected, I also tried to update windows and it didn't work. Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs...
  6. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  7. All USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect

All USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect: Good day everyone. I have been recently having this problem where all my USB devices disconnect and reconnect right after. It seemingly has only started happening once I was using my webcam/Zoom software for at-home work during this quarantine time, so I would wonder if that...
  8. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly. This usually happens inside games but has also happened while I'm browsing. A few times both my keyboard and mouse disconnects and reconnects but...
  9. USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting

USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting: the title says it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-front-of-case-disconnecting-and/5cbc2b98-1eef-45ce-b3eb-8cfe1c93d552
  10. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...