Windows 10: All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On

Discus and support All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was adding a new user and then stepped away. When I came back, PC was on logon screen with only one account showing named "New User". And it requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by iammarrk, May 14, 2022.

1. iammarrk Win User

All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On

I was adding a new user and then stepped away. When I came back, PC was on logon screen with only one account showing named "New User". And it requires a password. I don't have any users named "New User"... and all of my other accounts are missing. Tried any number of passwords with no luck. Can't manually sign in, nothing.I got into cmd, and under net user I see all of my user accounts, but not "New User". I tried adding, removing accounts etc but none of them show up on the login screen. Just "New User". Tried safe mode with same results. I'm at a complete loss. Any ideas? I am locked out of

:)

iammarrk, May 14, 2022

2. User account image at log-on

I understand your approach, delete the file and it should be gone. You could try searching user*.bmp & .png and hopefully find them all. I know from experience that saving the blank user.png file works 100% for me.

All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On [​IMG]

I'd suggest using the portable version of 'Everything Search' by Void Tools. It's incredibly much faster than Windows Explorer.

Downloads - voidtools

W10 Tweaker, May 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 user account immediately logs out

Hi Edward,

• Have you tried the steps provided above?
    • If you have tried the steps provided above, is issue still persisting?
    • What was the result of SFC scan? Did it find corruption or not?

Try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 14, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On - Similar Threads - User Accounts Gone

2. Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.: Hello. Today I just upgraded my computer from a trashy old prebuilt to a new and improved build. I have windows on the drive from the prebuilt and did not buy a new set of windows, so my hope was to simply use my pre-existing OS on the new computer. well, unfortunately for...
  3. Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.: Hello. Today I just upgraded my computer from a trashy old prebuilt to a new and improved build. I have windows on the drive from the prebuilt and did not buy a new set of windows, so my hope was to simply use my pre-existing OS on the new computer. well, unfortunately for...
  4. Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My user account is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user account is gone: I messed up with registery editor to change my username but after restart I got an error that says windows couldn't open my account, I panicked and looked for help on internet few comments said that I should delete the profile with .bak in the end on regedit so I did it. Now...
  6. My user account is gone

My user account is gone: I messed up with registery editor to change my username but after restart I got an error that says windows couldn't open my account, I panicked and looked for help on internet few comments said that I should delete the profile with .bak in the end on regedit so I did it. Now...
  7. All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On

All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On: I was adding a new user and then stepped away. When I came back, PC was on logon screen with only one account showing named "New User". And it requires a password. I don't have any users named "New User"... and all of my other accounts are missing. Tried any number of...
  8. User Profile service failed the sign-in - all user accounts have gone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile service failed the sign-in - all user accounts have gone: I'm using a desktop PC Dell Inspiron 3847 with Windows 10 msinfo32 says version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 / winver says version 1903, OS Build 18362.1. On switching on the computer, there is no option to switch to any of the four user accounts that should be present. Instead, I...
  9. Windows Account User gone from log-in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Account User gone from log-in screen: I opened my laptop this morning to find that an entire account my family uses has randomly dissapeared. I need this fixed ASAP as it has important documents. The last time I used it was last night and everything was there before I shut it down....
  10. can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user": when I create a new user account I can't log into it error: profSvc service failed I saw posts about changing something in C;/Users/Default User But I don't seem to have such a folder. I defined view settings to show hidden files and also system files, but I don't see...