Windows 10: All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename.

Discus and support All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is a folder A under server Logs folder, all users cannot access folder A, can't delete and can't rename, even admins.Click "Advanced" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaryHello, Mar 21, 2023.

1. MaryHello Win User

All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename.

There is a folder A under server Logs folder, all users cannot access folder A, can't delete and can't rename, even admins.Click "Advanced" in Untitled.png, it will show "unable to display owner.png", unable to display current owner.

:)

MaryHello, Mar 21, 2023
  2. silkstone Win User

Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

So I am trying to delete a folder from my secondary HDD called .Trash-999 that is from and ubuntu bootdisk. I managed to do it on the c:\ drive, but on my d:\ drive i am getting an error telling me that i don;t have permission to delete it.

I recently had a problem with windows permissions and fixed it on the c:\ drive with a windows re-install but i accidentally set up windows on d:\ The files contained within are from a mistaken windows install, which i tried to delete through ubuntu, it seems that ubuntu was able to move the files to the trash, but unable to delete them entirely.
    When i go to security on the folder, it tells me that i don't have permission to do this action. although the permissions on the folder gives re/write to everyone. However, when i go to the individual folders in there, no one has permission and when i try to give permission i get an access denied message.

Update - I just found a nifty little program that adds a take ownership option to the right click menu, this has allowed me to (finally) delete all the folders/files i need to.

silkstone, Mar 21, 2023
  3. syfer Win User
    Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

Hi may I ask what was the program name that used ownership option can you help me I have the same problem.

syfer, Mar 21, 2023
  4. All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename.

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename.

1. All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename. - Similar Threads - users don't folder

2. All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All users don't have folder access permission, the folder cannot delete, rename.: There is a folder A under server Logs folder, all users cannot access folder A, can't delete and can't rename, even admins.Click "Advanced" in Untitled.png, it will show "unable to display owner.png", unable to display current owner....
  3. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  4. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  5. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

"You don't currently have permission to access this folder": Hi there, I just recently bought a new pc and it has an SSD as the main drive for windows and I also have a secondary 1tb drive that I have been installing other large applications such as games and other software on. Somehow along the way a folder titled "Windows Apps" got...
  7. You don't currently have permission to access this folder.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder.: OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 [ATTACH] The folder enable folder sharing, and I can read it at the network drive. However, my administrator account lost the folder access rightYou don't currently have permission to access this folder. How to access the folder and get the...
  8. Don't have permission to Move/Rename/Delete certain files or folders

Don't have permission to Move/Rename/Delete certain files or folders: Within specific areas on my PC mainly on other internal hard drives, every time I wish to Move / Rename / Delete any file or folder, I am greeted with a message saying "You need to provide administrator permission to perform this action". Pressing continue reveals an access...
  9. "You don't have permission to access this folder"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "You don't have permission to access this folder": I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed. I'm sick and tired of it. I need...
  10. you don't currently have permission to access this folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    you don't currently have permission to access this folder: The popup tells me this. Then it says click continue to get access to this folder. So I click continue. Then it says you have been denied access to this folder. Seriously. Then it takes me to this other screen and I don't know what to pick to get access to that folder....