Windows 10: All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging?

Discus and support All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes I'll be listening to music or watching videos on my laptop when suddenly and completely randomly, all kinds of playback - video and audio -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatieJarad, Mar 27, 2019.

1. All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging?

Sometimes I'll be listening to music or watching videos on my laptop when suddenly and completely randomly, all kinds of playback - video and audio - suddenly starts playing at half their usual speed and all audio has this dreadful static-y sound behind it. I would describe it as buzzing or crackling, or a metallic-sounding griding or crunching. This applies to all sounds my computer makes, from Youtube videos to offline videos to the alert sounds my computer makes. I even remember a time where I was using my laptop's camera and even my own self being shown on the screen was moving at half speed. The only way to fix this is to restart the computer. I've tried troubleshooting sounds, all it does is install the same (probably faulty) Realtek audio driver and the problem isn't fixed at all, it keeps coming back. This happens completely at random, sometimes I'm doing something with the computer, other (most) times I'm not even touching it and I just have it on as background noise while I'm doing something else.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I restart the laptop after one of these episodes, I get the spinning white dots with "Please wait" under them as if it were updating or fixing something. But when I check for updates it says my PC is up to date.

What should I do? I wish I could attach audio or video files to better illustrate what I mean but it doesn't seem like there's an easy solution to all this.

:)

KatieJarad, Mar 27, 2019

2. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

I have tried every step that you suggested with no good results. I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE L675D-S7049..

The exact problem is the video and the sound lags and makes a buzzing sound . it does it on all videos and sound. even on iTUNES

DENNISBUZZELL, Mar 27, 2019
  3. No video playback in Microsoft apps since installing widows 10

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur while playing video from the local drive?

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on View all and Select
      Troubleshoot Audio Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 27, 2019
  4. tp760 Win User

All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging?

E52 sometimes restarts on video playback

Hello,

i have recorded few videos with the phone (at high quality), all OK. But in the gallery the playback of these videos sometimes lags (video stops, audio continues or stops too) and sometimes this ends with a restart of the whole phone (display backlight shuts
    off, screen freezes, then NOKIA shows up and the phone starts again, without asking for PIN, resulting in the standby screen). Usually if I play the same video again, it does not lag. The video is stored on an SDHC 4GB card, class C4. I have installed the
    latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

Tom

tp760, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging?

1. All video and audio playback on laptop suddenly lagging? - Similar Threads - video audio playback

2. My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.: I was using my laptop, I started seeing that my laptop is lagging, opening simple apps such as Settings take about 10 seconds, Even while gaming I started to realize that I'm lagging and I have bad performance, I've done everything i could, my laptop is called ThinkPad e15 My...
  3. Video PLAYBACK LAG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video PLAYBACK LAG: Hello, I have a dell precision 5570 with WIN10 PRO. I have a problem - when I play a movie - video starting slowly - it takes about ~20s to start playing, but when i turn off wifi adapter - video starts immediately.all drivers are up to date...
  4. Video PLAYBACK LAG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video PLAYBACK LAG: Hello, I have a dell precision 5570 with WIN10 PRO. I have a problem - when I play a movie - video starting slowly - it takes about ~20s to start playing, but when i turn off wifi adapter - video starts immediately.all drivers are up to date...
  5. Video PLAYBACK LAG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Laptop is lagging all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is lagging all of a sudden: I opened started the laptop and it was lagging a lot, even simple tasks like open task manager were taking more than 20 seconds. I thought it was the hard disk or the CPU, but nothing was wrong with them. I was starting to think it was a virus or a trojan, but the antivirus...
  7. Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random audio and video glitches and lag during playback, need fix.: Good day. During audio playback, I occasionally get glitchy spots in audio, similar to trying to play a scratched CD. Sounds get distorted into something similar to TV static, drag for half a second, then proceed as normal. The glitches never happen in the same place twice,...
  8. No audio or video playback.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio or video playback.: My laptop has Windows 10 home. The audio and video is not working. Widows updates are current. I have run the windows troubleshooter and laptop diagnostics but to no avail. Please can someone advise if this is a windows issue and how I can fix it? Many thanks...
  9. Video Playback & Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  10. sudden problem with video playback

in Browsers and Email
    sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...