Windows 10: All video formats slow to load and play

Discus and support All video formats slow to load and play in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No matter which video player I use, nor which video format I am trying to play, the file hangs sometimes for several minutes before finally playing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by charris, Jan 27, 2016.

1. charris Win User

All video formats slow to load and play

No matter which video player I use, nor which video format I am trying to play, the file hangs sometimes for several minutes before finally playing. Sometimes I have to manually close the program and start it again because it just takes too long. This seems to be happening with all video formats, all players. Got me stumped and it is very annoying. These are files stored on my hard drive, but it is also happening with streaming live video from the internet. I usually have to stay connected to the video site for several minutes before it starts to play. Anyone have a fix for this?

:)

charris, Jan 27, 2016

2. want to play all typess of video formats

Audio/Video codecs and formats supported by WP8 -
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff462087(v=vs.105).aspx

I guess VLC will appear in the store when VLC produce the app and put it in the store. VLC has a forum, you could ask there -

https://forum.videolan.org/index.php?sid=bebd89b5371b5092062e525e240d601b
    for example this post -

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=112137&p=379880&hilit=windows+phone#p379880

George222(2), Jan 27, 2016
  3. want to play all typess of video formats

When ll i get the VLC media player in windows 8?

Rathna kumar.G, Jan 27, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

Is this a new install? First question based upon those symptoms would be if you have the proper GPU drivers installed for your video card. If not, and your CPU is doing all the video processing itself, then watching videos could be painfully slow.

mike s, Jan 27, 2016
  5. charris Win User
    Thanks for the reply Mike. It is not a new install, things were fine. Not sure when they changed, can't relate to any particular upgrade. I have used a driver scanner and all my computer drivers and programs are up to date. I will check specifically the graphics driver just in case something has changed there. Once the video is loaded and running, it runs fine, with the exception of when one runs the slider forward or back at which point regardless of video or player it will often hang and then I have to use ctrl,alt,del to kill the program and start again

charris, Jan 27, 2016
  6. gjulio Win User
    Hello,

I have the same issue... no matter what I use to play video, it always seems to freeze for a while and then starts... this did not happen before and I cannot say that I know of any recent change that I have done.

gjulio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All video formats slow to load and play - Similar Threads - video formats slow

2. Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow: Have used Clipchamp before to edit videos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone without problems of my grandson's taekwondo class. Yesterday recorded another video of his class with a Galaxy S24. Clipchamp is extremely slow loading the video shot with the S24 while the videos...
  3. Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow: Have used Clipchamp before to edit videos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone without problems of my grandson's taekwondo class. Yesterday recorded another video of his class with a Galaxy S24. Clipchamp is extremely slow loading the video shot with the S24 while the videos...
  4. Videos load but won't play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos load but won't play.: My laptop is a recent HP Victus, runs windows 11 64 bit, all updated graphics card RTX3050 too,Today I was playing a video on youtube but then it got frozen, even though it was almost finished and fully loaded.Since then i was never able to play any video on any browser nor...
  5. Videos load but won't play.

Videos load but won't play.: My laptop is a recent HP Victus, runs windows 11 64 bit, all updated graphics card RTX3050 too,Today I was playing a video on youtube but then it got frozen, even though it was almost finished and fully loaded.Since then i was never able to play any video on any browser nor...
  6. Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading: I have a Windows 10 Laptop used for work. Program and internet access was fairly prompt. Updated and opening anything was VERY slow. Loading pages very slow. My Apple and XP machines are fine, connection is not the problem. Task Manager shows "Antimalware Service...
  7. Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily: WMP Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily Everything you need to know right here to get you easily set up in no time using Windows Media Player and Shark007 Advanced Codec Pack. ***This Applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10*** Are you frustrated having your Audio or...
  8. Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily: WMP Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily Everything you need to know right here to get you easily set up in no time using Windows Media Player and Shark007 Advanced Codec Pack. ***This Applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10*** Are you frustrated having your Audio...
  9. Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily: WMP Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily Everything you need to know right here to get you easily set up in no time using Windows Media Player and Shark007 Advanced Codec Pack. ***This Applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10*** Are you frustrated having your Audio...
  10. Not all Videos Play on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not all Videos Play on Facebook: Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only. 15093