Windows 10: All videos are stuttering in browsers

Discus and support All videos are stuttering in browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 desktop PC latest updates installed, AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU. I started getting massive stutter in all videos in web browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nassim423, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Nassim423 Win User

All videos are stuttering in browsers

I have Windows 10 desktop PC latest updates installed, AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU. I started getting massive stutter in all videos in web browsers, including Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera. Basically looks like dropped frames and bad frame timing. I don't notice a stutter in 3D games though. I also get a little bit of stutter in Windows Media Player when I play video files from my HDD, although it might always have been there. VLC media player stutters a lot too, but it always stuttered on my PCs. I don't know how to test if it's only stuttering to certain file types or what.

I tested changing my GPU to an old NVIDIA GPU, and the issue persists with that card too... still stuttering.

I tried lots of fixes, ended up doing a clean reinstall of Windows, and issue persists. Chipset and graphics drivers are latest.

:)

Nassim423, Mar 1, 2020

2. Youtube Video stuttering

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the YouTube video stutter In Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Does this issue occur in Internet Explorer?
    • What is the resolution of the YouTube videos, which are stuttering?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these methods and let us know the status of the issue.

Method 1: Uninstall driver from device manager

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device Manage.
    2. Expand or double-click
      Display
    3. Right-click on the listed driver, and then select
      Uninstall device
    4. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart, install the graphics drivers from computer manufacturer website.

Method 2: Changing the Browser settings.

For Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Microsoft Edge and click on the Settings button (three dots) present at the top right side of the window.
    2. Once the drop-down menu has opened, click on
      Settings
      present at the near bottom of the menu.
    3. Once you are in the Settings, select the Advanced option from the left pane and then turn off the switch for
      Adobe Flash.
    4. Close the browser and relaunch to check

All videos are stuttering in browsers b5dc9cd6-5228-44d6-ab73-57890dcc5f0d?upload=true.jpg

For Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome and click on the menu icon (three vertical dots) present at the top right side of the screen.
    2. Once the Settings tab has opened, navigate to the very end and click on
      Advanced.
    3. Navigate to the end of the tab again until you find the subheading named as
      System.
    4. Under it, turn off the switch for the option which says
      Use hardware acceleration when available.
    5. Close the browser and relaunch to check

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 1, 2020
  3. gsir---01 Win User
    N82 Video recording Stuttering?

Update on my Video stuttering...

Formatted the phone, and memory card, and all is good now. No stuttering whilst videoing, and also smooth auto rotate in Nokia Image Exchange.

Will reinstall all my apps, games, and themes one by one, testing the video, and NIE every step to see if anything I had previously installed was causing it. Im now starting to think it was just an unformatted memory card.

My MicroSD is a 2GB Sandisk that came with the N82.

gsir---01, Mar 1, 2020
  4. All videos are stuttering in browsers

Video Stuttering

I have windows 10. Since the upload, it has been acting kind of off. Especially when I am trying to watch a video. The video stutters a lot whther I am watching YouTube or Netflix. I have already tried to restart my entire computer. That did not work.
    My mouse pad is also facing the same issue. I wonder if that it related. Any advice on what steps I should take? Thank you for your time!

DhaliaAparicio, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

All videos are stuttering in browsers

1. All videos are stuttering in browsers - Similar Threads - videos are stuttering

2. VIDEO STUTTERING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO STUTTERING: Hello. when I click on the windows start button while watching a video, there's a stutter that shows up and persists even in the videos am watching. I have tried updating graphics drivers and even reinstalling windows but the issue persists. Am using an ASUS laptop x570zd,...
  3. VIDEO STUTTERING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO STUTTERING: Hello. when I click on the windows start button while watching a video, there's a stutter that shows up and persists even in the videos am watching. I have tried updating graphics drivers and even reinstalling windows but the issue persists. Am using an ASUS laptop x570zd,...
  4. VIDEO STUTTERING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video lags/stutters in web browser as well as Games

Video lags/stutters in web browser as well as Games: Hi, After the recent update, Graphics on my HP Pavilion Gaming I7-9750H GTX 1650 are lagging on Apps, Chrome, Edge, Movies, etc. Moreover, the trackpad is also stuttering/ lagging. Windows Version is 21H1. Please assist.Regards Abhinav...
  6. Videos in all browsers skipping frames / stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos in all browsers skipping frames / stuttering: I have ryzen 2700x and rtx2060, W10 1909 with latest updates, latest driver/bios, have tried a lot of fixes and none have worked. Videos in browsers skip frames, including in firefox, chrome, brave, opera, edge, ie, etc. The stutter is pretty bad, tons of skipped frames,...
  7. Video Stuttering

Video Stuttering: I have windows 10. Since the upload, it has been acting kind of off. Especially when I am trying to watch a video. The video stutters a lot whther I am watching YouTube or Netflix. I have already tried to restart my entire computer. That did not work. My mouse pad is also...
  8. Video stuttering on web browser and downloads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video stuttering on web browser and downloads: Yo ! I'm gonna do that fast, basically whenever I download or stream content off of the internet I start having lots of stutter. For instance, I'd be watching a youtube video, and the video would start buffering and or just freez all the time to the point where it's...
  9. Video and Audio is out of synch for all videos, all browsers - using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video and Audio is out of synch for all videos, all browsers - using Windows 10: Video and Audio is out of synch for all videos, all browsers - using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-and-audio-is-out-of-synch-for-all-videos-all/58d99678-a4ef-42a6-9922-660f1e024dae
  10. Video stutters in Chrome Browser Only

in Browsers and Email
    Video stutters in Chrome Browser Only: I searched and found several threads on computers stuttering during video, but nothing that addresses my issue. When playing Netflix, Amazon or any online video, I get a random stutter that causes the video appear to skip. This issue only occurs while using Chrome. No issues...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netflix stutter windows 10