Windows 10: All videos will stop working until I restart my computer

Discus and support All videos will stop working until I restart my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10, and I'm having problems with videos. Sometimes, videos will randomly stop playing, and I have to restart my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rbits, Oct 20, 2020.

1. rbits Win User

All videos will stop working until I restart my computer

I recently updated to Windows 10, and I'm having problems with videos. Sometimes, videos will randomly stop playing, and I have to restart my computer to play them. This includes videos I play with VLC, Windows Media Player, and the Films and TV app, but also on YouTube, etc. Sometimes, it will start working again without restarting, but most of the time I have to restart my computer. This is very annoying, because it happens almost daily. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Thanks.

:)

rbits, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 20, 2020
  3. hr0201 Win User
    "audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, Oct 20, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. All videos will stop working until I restart my computer - Similar Threads - videos stop working

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  4. All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11: I have recently been running into this issue where when I start my laptop from sleep also sometimes when my Bluetooth mouse reconnects from sleep all external mice just don't work. They connect to the laptop but there is no input from them. The trackpad works fine, but I get...
  5. All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11: I have recently been running into this issue where when I start my laptop from sleep also sometimes when my Bluetooth mouse reconnects from sleep all external mice just don't work. They connect to the laptop but there is no input from them. The trackpad works fine, but I get...
  6. My internet won't work until I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet won't work until I restart my computer: I have a Windows 11 computer Lenovo, bought about 6 months ago. When I boot my computer from a shutdown state, it most often will not be able to access the internet. I would say this problem occurs 95% of the time when I boot the system. Neither wifi nor an ethernet...
  7. My internet won't work until I restart my computer

My internet won't work until I restart my computer: I have a Windows 11 computer Lenovo, bought about 6 months ago. When I boot my computer from a shutdown state, it most often will not be able to access the internet. I would say this problem occurs 95% of the time when I boot the system. Neither wifi nor an ethernet...
  8. Programs stop working until computer restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop working until computer restart: Hi,Every once and a while almost all .exe's will either stop responding or not even open. If they open its just a white screen and task master says the program is not responding. This can be fixed by restarting my computer, but I want to know why this happens and if there is...
  9. Video not working until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video not working until restart: I have had this problem since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1809, I have since updated to 1903 and the problem persists. When I start up my computer I open a video file and the computer freezes for around 15 seconds and then sometimes it will play and sometimes it is...
  10. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...