Windows 10: All web browsers completely freeze machine

Discus and support All web browsers completely freeze machine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, 15” dell gaming laptop, AMD A10 gen7, 16 gb ram. For the past month all web browsers, whether it be Chrome, Edge, Firefox completely freeze my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanHammer1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. All web browsers completely freeze machine

Hello,

15” dell gaming laptop, AMD A10 gen7, 16 gb ram.

For the past month all web browsers, whether it be Chrome, Edge, Firefox completely freeze my machine. Have to do a hard shut down. I can run SolidWorks and Mastercam all day no problems(intensive programs). Within 2 minutes of being in a web browser the computer commits suicide. Ive tried disabling my anti-virus, Ive gone through and made sure nothing but bare essentials are starting up when the machine starts, Ive updated Windows(pretty sure a windows update is what caused the problem, hate your updates.), Ive gone through event logs and system logs, it logs nothing accept my forced shutdown. Im at a loss here, this computer is essentially an $800 paperweight without the ability to send off my projects. Please advise.

:)

DanHammer1, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Update Freezing Web Browsers

Hi,

There may be some browser components that do not sit well with the new updates installed on your computer. Before we can resolve the error, please answer these questions for us to understand what happens:

• Do you get any error messages when the browsers freeze?
    • Are Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge affected?
    • Does the problem occur when you access a specific site?

We suggest you delete the browser history, or completely reset the browsers that are affected.

Let us know if the suggestions fix the problem.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Web Browser Crashing

In January this year I bought a HP Pavilion laptop pre-installed with Windows 10. When used the web browser (Chrome, Firefox) the screen will freeze at random times, mostly when there are multiple events on a page - advertising banners etc, and a hard reboot
    is required. I have updated the Adobe Flash Player but am still needing to use the power button to force the machine to close.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Peter

Peter Weedon, Jul 18, 2019
  4. AFW
    afw Win User

All web browsers completely freeze machine

Web browser freezes at random times

Well thats weird ... *Confused All web browsers completely freeze machine :confused: ... how come your other apps work fine and the browser freezes just because of the OC ... hmm ...

Thema:

All web browsers completely freeze machine

1. All web browsers completely freeze machine - Similar Threads - web browsers completely

2. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  3. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  4. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash: Hello!I am having an issue recently with my desktop in regards to my web browsers. Whenever I tried opening a web browser, Windows ended up freezing and restarts without any apparent reason. I tried reinstalling Windows and/or Google Chrome, but it still causes Windows to...
  6. All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash: Hello!I am having an issue recently with my desktop in regards to my web browsers. Whenever I tried opening a web browser, Windows ended up freezing and restarts without any apparent reason. I tried reinstalling Windows and/or Google Chrome, but it still causes Windows to...
  7. All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. all web browsers freeze and crash windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all web browsers freeze and crash windows 10: All of my web browswers - Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox - will freeze and then crash on my Windows 10 OS build 18363.1256 v1909 installed 2020.05.13. Needless to say, this is maddening if I can't depend on any of the web browsers, so I can only assume its the OS or the...
  9. Web browsers ALWAYS freeze

Web browsers ALWAYS freeze: I have a new PC running Windows. I've had the machine for just over a month. It does not like to run web browesers. Not Edge, and not Chrome, either. From the minute I took it out of the box and booted it up. An hour or so into a web session, and the browser freezes. It...
  10. Problem with all web browsers

Problem with all web browsers: All of the controls and shortcut bar keep disappearing from all browsers. Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I have to reboot to get them back. This is happening 2 - 3 times a day and is getting annoying. The example below is using Edge. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all browsers completely freeze