Windows 10: All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates

Discus and support All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 700 which I use only for travel or when I house sit. So there was a 4 month gap since I last used it and I believe Win 10 had a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arizona480, Dec 30, 2019.

1. All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates

I have a Lenovo Yoga 700 which I use only for travel or when I house sit. So there was a 4 month gap since I last used it and I believe Win 10 had a huge update (like a new service pak or something version 1903, build 18362535 ). So for the last week or so, Firefox, Chrome, Edge with a basic non-flash website is using over 500 MB of RAM. This also happens when using an brand new blank profile on these browsers with the Roboform and Kapersky extensions removed or disabled.

Other programs seem to be running at their normal RAM, Thunderbird which I always keep open is at it's typical 200-250 MB.

Doing anything on a high-resource demand site like facebook, youtube, or NFL.com is nearly impossible.

Is anyone else having this issue?

:)

arizona480, Dec 30, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Jan 6, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Jan 6, 2020
  4. All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates

All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates

I have a Lenovo Yoga 700 which I use only for travel or when I house sit. So there was a 4 month gap since I last used it and I believe Win 10 had a huge update (like a new service pak or something version 1903, build 18362535 ). So for the last week or so, Firefox, Chrome, Edge with a basic non-flash website is using over 500 MB of RAM. This also happens when using an brand new blank profile on these browsers with the Roboform and Kapersky extensions removed or disabled.

Other programs seem to be running at their normal RAM, Thunderbird which I always keep open is at it's typical 200-250 MB.

Doing anything on a high-resource demand site like facebook, youtube, or NFL.com is nearly impossible.

Is anyone else having this issue?

arizona480, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates

1. All Web Browsers huge memory leaks on my Laptop after Win 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Web Browsers huge

2. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  3. Is My Windows 10 Update causing a memory leak?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is My Windows 10 Update causing a memory leak?: So, a long while ago, maybe in feburary, I got a windows update that, for some strange reason, would cause a ton of my memory to be used. This had never ever happened before, only after the update did this occur. It got so bad that I ended up having to revert back to the...
  4. Huge memory leak in non paged pool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge memory leak in non paged pool: Hi, I have a memory leak in my system, specifically in the non paged pool. In one or two days of usage after a restart, it fills up all of the RAM available. Some online searches landed me on this blog:...
  5. memory leak, win 10 home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    memory leak, win 10 home: I am posting this saga in the hopes that it might help someone else, and in the hopes that some expert can tell me how to further help the situation. Although I have solved the problem enough to make the system usable, my solution is less than ideal. My wife's computer runs...
  6. Memory leak after updating to May 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory leak after updating to May 1903 update: I updated to Windows 10 May update this month and have had a huge memory leak since, to the point where I can't play any games (it just freezes). My PC is custom built (Ryzen 7 1700x, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB RAM) and only had this issue after I updated windows. I've run poolmon...
  7. MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?

MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?: I know what I'm going to suggest isn't an obvious thing around here. So I have to first explain my perspective on RAM before I can even talk about a 'memory leak' or what might be called 'RAM hogging'. In Windows 10 I know of two places I can check RAM usage. Task Manager...
  8. MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?: I know what I'm going to suggest isn't an obvious thing around here. So I have to first explain my perspective on RAM before I can even talk about a 'memory leak' or what might be called 'RAM hogging'. In Windows 10 I know of two places I can check RAM usage. Task Manager...
  9. Huge memory leak keeps crashing the system

Huge memory leak keeps crashing the system: Hi, I'm running the latest April update 1803 on my Acer nitro vn-791g. My problem is that my committed memory and paged pool climb up after 2-3 days of my laptop being turned on (with sleep mode at night). This reaches a point where the system hangs, browsing tabs crash...
  10. Laptop memory leak?

Laptop memory leak?: So for the past couple of moths my laptop has had many problems including disk usage but none of them as large as my memory leak, its a gaming laptop but it can get amazingly slow due to the memory usage. I have no idea where the source of the memory leak is, the two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 all browsers memory leak