Windows 10: All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them

Discus and support All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Date: December 19, 2019. Last week, on December 9, 2019, I encountered a problem with Mozilla Firefox. As soon as I would click to open the browser,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WendellSheffield1, Dec 19, 2019.

1. All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them

Date: December 19, 2019.

Last week, on December 9, 2019, I encountered a problem with Mozilla Firefox. As soon as I would click to open the browser, it would immediately open and then close itself. After multiple reinstallations failed to fix the problem, I gave up on Firefox their troubleshooting page was of no assistance and started using Neon Opera.

Fast forward to today, ten days later, and now Neon Opera is doing the same thing. At this point I decided to check the internet for system problems that might be the cause. I ran a rootkit scan. I did a virus scan. I did a couple of command line fixes that reset the TCP/IP and a flushdns. Nothing has worked.

Needless to say, I am more than a little put out as this interferes with my ability to do simple work-related tasks such as send emails with attachments. What else can I do short of wiping my computer and starting afresh?

:)

WendellSheffield1, Dec 19, 2019

2. The web browser of 5800 XM

Dear Nokia

There are some comments on the web browser of 5800 XM

1 - When you press the back button opens a window of what had been a visit from the pages of

Suggested that to go back to the page immediately preceding

2 - tools in the browser page is very large and cover a large amount of information

Suggested that the tools are in the drop-down list with a small button on the top of the screen or at least minimized or put a shortcut to be removed and sent back show it

3 - often closes the application Web site randomly

Pointer2006, Dec 19, 2019
  3. N97 web browser closes ALWAYS on opening web page or going to Options menu

I have checked all your recommended stetting. I does not working on WLAN or 3G connection. Browser is immediately closed on opening any web page.

kotrab---01, Dec 19, 2019
  4. SoCal Win User

All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them

Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the Start button also stopped opening, although by right-clicking I could get the basic function list so could still stumble along.
    The Start button problem was fixed by going back to my first Restore point (created by an automatic upgrade), but the Edge problem persists in spite of trying various fixes from posts dating back to the beta-test period. Obviously this is a problem that has existed from the early beta issues ... and it ain't fixed yet!! Any suggestions appreciated, because I note that Win-10 depends heavily on Web access via Edge.

SoCal, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them

1. All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them - Similar Threads - web browsers immediately

2. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...
  3. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...
  4. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  6. New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them

New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them: I just bought a new laptop and it arrived today. I set it up and installed Chrome however when I tried to open it, the window showed for a split second and immediately closed. So, I tried installing Opera browser instead to see if that would work but that does that same thing...
  7. "System Settings" and "Display Preferences" crash and close when I attempt to open them -no...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "System Settings" and "Display Preferences" crash and close when I attempt to open them -no...: If I press the Settings button and then select "System" the Settings window either lags for a few seconds and then closes without getting to System, or just instantly closes. When I right-click the desktop and select "Display Preferences" the settings window tries to open,...
  8. Browsers instantly shut down when i attempt to open them

Browsers instantly shut down when i attempt to open them: Whenever i open some kind of browser, whether it be google chrome or firefox, it immediately closes itself. The main browser that i've been using is google chrome but i've haven't had a problem with it until today. I downloaded firefox to see if it was a chrome issue but...
  9. Windows 10 closing all my open programs, web browser, apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 closing all my open programs, web browser, apps.: I thought I had this solved, but obviously I didn't. Computer does not shutdown just closes everything it has happen before. Previously I had trouble with "memory management" and the Computer restarting but it has not happened again, so far. I make my computer work hard...
  10. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...