Windows 10: All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

Discus and support All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ValexiaCarvalho, Oct 17, 2021.

1. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials and this still happens. I have also tried it on chrome, firefox and internet explorer and all do the same thing. A friend suggested malware so I scanned my computer and it found nothing. My last move was to reset the computer however the problem has stayed the same despite the programs being wiped in the laptop. Is my onl

:)

ValexiaCarvalho, Oct 17, 2021
  2. skiahh Win User

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Oct 17, 2021
  4. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

browser opening new tab when trying to open links

Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This happens no matter which browser I'm using. Even if I'm running Chrome or Firefox by default, it will automatically switch to Edge, and open a new tab. All sticky keys features have been deactivated, since somebody suggested this may be the problem, but the problem still persists. This has only been happening since late yesterday. After numerous restarts. and powering off, waiting, then powering back on, the problem still persists. I am running Windows 10 Home. What am I missing? Please help if you can. I'm still able to open a browser and get to my web sites that way, but it's a pain in the butt. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

big beardedbuddy

bigbeardedbuddy, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

1. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link - Similar Threads - web browsers open

2. Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...: Everytime I click a link from Phone Link it opens in Edge browser, although my default for everything on my Windows 11 Pro PC is Chrome. Anyway to change this?...
  3. Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link 1.23102.126.0: When I click on a link in the app it opens in Edge browser,...: Everytime I click a link from Phone Link it opens in Edge browser, although my default for everything on my Windows 11 Pro PC is Chrome. Anyway to change this?...
  4. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  5. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Customization
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  6. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  7. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  8. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked: about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior. 97302
  9. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab: This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so...
  10. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145