Windows 10: All website logons lost when powering up the computer

Discus and support All website logons lost when powering up the computer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is a win 10 issue or a browser issue. I use the latest IE on my system running win 10 home 64 bit. Whenever I power up the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dogman, Jul 4, 2016.

1. dogman Win User

All website logons lost when powering up the computer

I am not sure if this is a win 10 issue or a browser issue.

I use the latest IE on my system running win 10 home 64 bit.

Whenever I power up the computer, all my logon details for every website are lost and I have to manually logon to each website that I am a member of and visit.
    This must be a cookie issue but I am at a loss as to what is clearing the cookies either on shut down or powering up.
    I have checked all the usual suspects in 'Internet Options' and all seems fine there.

Is there anything else specifically within win 10 can cause this? I have looked, but I cannot find anything that needs either enabling or disabling.

My next step is to try another browser such as Firefox, but I prefer IE.

:)

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

How to enable or disable the CTRL+ALT+DELETE sequence for logging on to Windows 10

Just do not use it.

When you power up the computer it should give you the Lock screen. Click on it, hit a key on the keyboard and a logon screen should show.

lacrumb, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Onboard battery problem

Thank you! I have replaced my battery and now its ok! Thank you All website logons lost when powering up the computer :)

Flogertndou, Jul 4, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

My gut reaction is browser itself, however not of "cookies" but the logon database.

I would recommend Chome myself ...

RWOne, Jul 4, 2016
  5. dogman Win User
    The strange thing is, that I also use IE on another computer which is running win 10 Pro, not 'home' as this one is and that doesn't have the same problem.

I shall keep looking for the answer, but I do suspect that I will have to dump IE for good. I am sure that Msoft are deliberately slowing it down anyway to try and force everyone to use Edge which I don't like.

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  6. flybynite Win User
    Do you have cookies set to automatically delete, or are you running Ccleaner? If you are running Ccleaner you must specify which cookies you want saved.

flybynite, Jul 4, 2016
  7. dogman Win User
    No CCcleaner installed.

Cookies are NOT set to automatically delete upon closing browser.
    I want to be able to access my usual websites of which I am a member without having to re-enter details every time I visit after powering down the computer.
    I have checked all the usual suspects and even tried a default reset in Internet options to no avail.

Every setting seems to be correct but still the problem persists.
    I am really confused. I will find the solution eventually as I am not one for giving up. *Smile

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  8. All website logons lost when powering up the computer

Have you checked in Credential Manager in the Control Panel

This should hold your usernames and passwords that IE stores

paulsalter, Jul 4, 2016
  9. dogman Win User
    No, where exactly is that?

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  10. dogman Win User
    OK, found that and nothing is stored there.

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  11. That sounds to me like it could be the problem, unfortunately i am not sure how to fix issues with this, I have looked in the past but didnt get very far

Is the Service running ok for it, should be called VaultSVC

Just to check something, can you do the same on the other computer and see if Credential Manager has all your data

paulsalter, Jul 4, 2016
  12. dogman Win User
    Other computer running pro 64 bit is the same but no problem with website cookies.
    VaultSVC is running on both computers.

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  13. All website logons lost when powering up the computer

Looks like this isnt related then, just remember seeing someone with similar issue in the past and the Credential Manager was corrupt

Only other idea i have would be to remove IE using the Add Additional Features option, then reboot and add it back, see if that makes a difference

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of cookie issue will be along soon

paulsalter, Jul 4, 2016
  14. dogman Win User
    I will try removing IE and re-installing. I know that has fixed issues in the past so you never know.

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
  15. dogman Win User
    Ok done and so far so good. I have powered down and back up again twice and no problems so far.

Time will tell if this has been finally sorted....

Thanks for the advice. *Smile

dogman, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

1. All website logons lost when powering up the computer - Similar Threads - website logons lost

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  4. All in one will not power up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All in one will not power up: I tried to enter a pin and the indicator said it was the wrong pin. It said to reboot. I shut the machine down and tried to boot back up. The machine will not respond to the power switch. There is power at the cord into the machine....
  5. All in one will not power up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All in one will not power up: I tried to enter a pin and the indicator said it was the wrong pin. It said to reboot. I shut the machine down and tried to boot back up. The machine will not respond to the power switch. There is power at the cord into the machine....
  6. All in one will not power up

7. Computer lost power during reset.

Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  8. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  9. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked.

in Windows 10 Support
    Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked.: About 30 minutes ago, just about all websites containing forums became inaccessible. I've never seen that happen before. I could get to Google, Amazon, newegg, Imgur, news sites, bank and email sites, but I couldn't get to any websites with forums. Does anyone know what...