Windows 10: All wifi settings are gone, what do I do?

Discus and support All wifi settings are gone, what do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m at uni and in my dorms, to access the upgraded Wi-fi, you’ve got to enter a unique code for each device into a page that should pop up when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ailurus_Fulgens_, Sep 23, 2020.

1. All wifi settings are gone, what do I do?

I’m at uni and in my dorms, to access the upgraded Wi-fi, you’ve got to enter a unique code for each device into a page that should pop up when you open a browser. It worked fine for my phone and switch, but not for my laptop (a surface book 2).

I could connect to the Wi-fi and use the basic plan (5mbps) with no code but no page to enter the code to upgrade (50mbps) would appear.

So tried all of the steps on this site multiple times but nothing worked.

I was following Fix 11 to uninstall and reinstall the driver but when I restarted my laptop, all Wi-fi settings had disappeared. In the network icon in the taskbar there is only the option to turn on/off flight mode.

I’ve tried all the steps here apart from solution 2 because I don’t have an Ethernet to usb/usbc adapter

I’m really starting to panic now so any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m not very computer literate so I apologise if my description is bad but I’d be happy to clarify or give more info

submitted by /u/Ailurus_Fulgens_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ailurus_Fulgens_, Sep 23, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 23, 2020
  4. All wifi settings are gone, what do I do?

wifi icon missing on windows 10.

I tried all the suggestions listed beforehand and my wifi icon has gone from the notifications area as well as the list in the settings for the task bar and notification area. does anyone know how to get it back? none of the suggestions so far have worked.

querywebmail, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

All wifi settings are gone, what do I do?

1. All wifi settings are gone, what do I do? - Similar Threads - wifi settings are

2. Sleep mode gone and all games use all cpu up. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode gone and all games use all cpu up. What do I do?: Last night my computer worked completely fine and there was nothing wrong with it. When I turned it on today it didn't turn my monitor, keyboard or mouse on when I did it and it wouldn't turn off when I pressed the off button so I had to turn the power off. When I turned it...
  3. Sleep mode gone and all games use all cpu up. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode gone and all games use all cpu up. What do I do?: Last night my computer worked completely fine and there was nothing wrong with it. When I turned it on today it didn't turn my monitor, keyboard or mouse on when I did it and it wouldn't turn off when I pressed the off button so I had to turn the power off. When I turned it...
  4. Sleep mode gone and all games use all cpu up. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop icons are gone what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons are gone what do I do?: Video example trash icon gone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiEP_ENz0Zc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-gone-what-do-i-do/10fd8da6-5c29-4db5-9838-58c19762e70c
  6. Desktop icons are gone what do I do?

Desktop icons are gone what do I do?: Video example trash icon gone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiEP_ENz0Zc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-gone-what-do-i-do/10fd8da6-5c29-4db5-9838-58c19762e70c
  7. I have no WiFi on my WiFi motherboard. What do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no WiFi on my WiFi motherboard. What do i do?: i have the MSI Pro B550-VC WiFi motherboard however i have no wifi. i was told to install drivers however i got an error message saying they couldnt be installed to my system. i have Windows 10. i dont have access to another computer. how may i solve this problem...
  8. What to do if my wifi driver is just completely gone?

What to do if my wifi driver is just completely gone?: My wifi was fine about 2 hours ago, randomly my wifi stopped working for seemingly no reason. I restarted my computer multiple times, and nothing. I checked device manager and my driver was just gone, I activated view hidden devices and it was there. I had code 45, and a...
  9. What to do if my wifi driver is just completely gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What to do if my wifi driver is just completely gone?: My wifi was fine about 2 hours ago, randomly my wifi stopped working for seemingly no reason. I restarted my computer multiple times, and nothing. I checked device manager and my driver was just gone, I activated view hidden devices and it was there. I had code 45, and a...
  10. What to do if my wifi driver is just completely gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming