Windows 10: All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

Discus and support All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somewhere in the last few updates my Win 10 apps went wonky. I have used Classic Start Menu for years so it looks more like the old XP desktop. Yeah, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jackdashacki, Sep 14, 2018.

1. All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

Somewhere in the last few updates my Win 10 apps went wonky. I have used Classic Start Menu for years so it looks more like the old XP desktop. Yeah, I was sorry to XP go. But I've moved on. I bought this HP as an 8 and seamlessly several years ago went to 10 and I receive all the updates to this day. So again, seems I missed what update it was. I take it after one update something went awry. As I said they pop on and off immediately. The Windows Store does this too.

I was amazed to get help here recently after asking and waiting for months on the MS Forums. No help there. Hopefully someone has the help again here. And Thanking you Much in advance! *Huh

And BTW I can't seem to find where/how in my profile to change the name I use. It's only one letter off, I guess I typed by mistake. Is this allowed?

:)

jackdashacki, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Sam&Kr Win User

Win10 Store&Apps crash

The problem is:

• The Windows Store closes immediately after starting. I can see the blue window for a second before it closes again.
    • Photos App doesn't start at all (Error Message: The App did not launch).
    • Calender App closes immediately after starting.
    • Weather App works.
    • Groove Music closes immediately after starting.
    • Movies & TV closes immediately after starting.

So not all Apps seem to be affected, try tried all the recommendations I found in different entrys here:

• Checked for Updates.
    • Run troubleshoter for Apps - Didn't find anything.
    • Win-button + R press and enter "shutdown -g -t 0"
    • Run wsreset.exe - Failed
    • Run sfc /scannow
    • Deleted local Cache: C:\Benutzer\Dein Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    • Deleted sub Sub-key in the RegEdit folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore

But so far no luck. Any more suggestions besides resintalling Win10?

Thx in advance

Sam&Kr, Sep 14, 2018
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Sep 14, 2018
  4. ddinc Win User

All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

App store and apps disappeared

Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking.

e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen.

On programs list I have:

@ MicrosoftBingNews 4.8.239.0X86 _8weekb3d8bbwe?ms-resources/microsoft Bing News/resources/application tile

I uninstalled and reinstalled all through powershell +WSReset...nothing helped

All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too? [​IMG]

ddinc, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

1. All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too? - Similar Threads - Win10 apps appear

2. My photos all disappeared win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photos all disappeared win10: I was playing games and trying to save some game clips, but when i open my file explorer and click into "My Pictures" folder , it pop C:\User\Ian\Picture can't use..."I'm sure i didn't deleted any photos . It just suddenly disappeared. but my other files like document and...
  3. My photos all disappeared win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My photos all disappeared win10: I was playing games and trying to save some game clips, but when i open my file explorer and click into "My Pictures" folder , it pop C:\User\Ian\Picture can't use..."I'm sure i didn't deleted any photos . It just suddenly disappeared. but my other files like document and...
  4. My photos all disappeared win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft store and store apps do not appear in Settings/Apps, and they all crash in a few...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and store apps do not appear in Settings/Apps, and they all crash in a few...: I have a correction to the information below. It is not just the Store App and the Solitare Epic App that crash. It seems that all "modern" apps, like Paint 3D, Weather, etc. crash in seconds after opening. And none of them show up in Settings/Apps or anywhere else other...
  6. Apps appear for one second and then disappears.

Apps appear for one second and then disappears.: hi, apps installed from windows 10 app store when run,appear for one second and then disappears. all normal softwares work properly. sfc /scannow and chkdsk does not fixes this problem. how to fix this problem. best regards. 144459
  7. calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears: calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-disappears-immediately-after/801ced94-ebe0-40de-86c9-638de988a098
  8. All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

in Windows 10 Support
    All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?: Somewhere in the last few updates my Win 10 apps went wonky. I have used Classic Start Menu for years so it looks more like the old XP desktop. Yeah, I was sorry to XP go. But I've moved on. I bought this HP as an 8 and seamlessly several years ago went to 10 and I receive...
  9. Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately

in Browsers and Email
    Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately: Edge appears when I click on it--or something does--then immediately disappears. Is there a way to reinstall it? or correct this behavior? I recently had huge problems with setting permissions and to solve them I restored to an earlier restore point. Thanks. 37488
  10. App store and apps disappeared

App store and apps disappeared: Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking. e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen. On programs list I have: @ MicrosoftBingNews 4.8.239.0X86 _8weekb3d8bbwe?ms-resources/microsoft Bing...