Windows 10: All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed...

Discus and support All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem begins when I tried to access the WindowsApps folder for launching f1 2019 through steam. I went to the property tap of said folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KarlHo, May 24, 2021.

1. KarlHo Win User

All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed...

The problem begins when I tried to access the WindowsApps folder for launching f1 2019 through steam. I went to the property tap of said folder and changed in security, advance to add my user account, administrators, and my Microsoft account for full control access and deleted the already existed user access with condition.However,&

:)

KarlHo, May 24, 2021
  2. pls2337 Win User

Disappearing Apps

My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions?

pls2337, May 24, 2021
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, May 24, 2021
  4. All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed...

Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

Once you have clicked start
    Then all Apps
    Then Scroll to 0-9
    Click on 0-9 that will open up A-Z then just click what letter you need
    Have tried right click to bring up send to but that does not work

hTconeM9user, May 24, 2021
Thema:

All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed...

1. All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed... - Similar Threads - app including start

2. Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 How to Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 The pinned apps (tiles) on the Start screen. This tutorial will show you how to keep the Start menu open when opening multiple apps from the Start...
  3. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  4. Windows 10 All Apps menu not showing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 All Apps menu not showing shortcuts: Running Windows 10 64-bit; 8 GB RAM I've been advised that the folder: c:\Users\<my name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs contains the folders and shortcuts that are shown in the All Apps menu. However, there are some programs and folders in...
  5. start menu stuck displaying all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu stuck displaying all apps: so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this? [img] 60633
  6. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps: I have seen several threads where people want to remove this feature but in my case it is actually easier to use than scrolling down through 10 to 20 pages of programs listed by letter to get to "X" for "Xcopy+" for example. Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut one-click...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10: How to: Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Open and Use All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped into...