Windows 10: All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically

Discus and support All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [IMG] I am stuck with this horrible and frustrating issue that causes all Windows 10 modern apps to automatically minimize within seconds of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Uzair_In, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Uzair_In Win User

All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically

All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically [​IMG]

I am stuck with this horrible and frustrating issue that causes all Windows 10 modern apps to automatically minimize within seconds of opening/maximizing it. I have confirmed that this only affects Windows/Microsoft apps like Mail, Settings, Store, Photos, News, etc. 3rd party apps like Slack are not affected by this issue. Edge browser was also plagued with this issue until I updated to the new chromium version after which it has stopped minimizing.

What I tried:

Other accounts on the computer are not affected by this problem, so I created another account and copied all my old profile C:\Users\<my-profile> folder contents to my new profile and restarted the PC. Signed into my new profile, and then signed into the store app with my Microsoft account. Almost immediately the app minimizes again. I am not sure if this is because I signed in with my Microsoft account or because I restarted my laptop.

I ran sfc \scannow, DISM.exe, WSReset.exe with no avail. Please help. I don't want to create a new profile and lose all my data.

Other Info:

Dell XPS 13 9350

Windows 10 Education with latest updates installed

All accounts are local accounts, and I sign in into apps individually with my Microsoft account.

:)

Uzair_In, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Richard Win User

How do I start Modern UI apps (calendar and mail) minimized when Windows 10 starts?

When I log onto Windows 10 I would like both the Calendar and Mail applications to start minimized.

I can make them start automatically by:

1. Clicking on the Windows icon
    2. Clicking on "All apps"
    3. Finding the app I want
    4. Clicking and dragging it to my Startup folder (found by running shell:startup)

and this works just fine.

However when I edit the properties of the shortcut and change the "Run" option to "Minimized" then this is completely ignored by Windows.

All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically TFUcg.png

How do I get Windows 10 to run these Metro/Modern UI apps minimized?

Richard, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10, Xbox app opens and immediately closes

Hi,

• Are you facing the same issues with other app also?

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

I would suggest you to refer the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Thank You.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 17, 2020
  4. All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically

Apps closing automatically after minimizing them...ys

Guys I'm using Nokia Lumia 930 with Windows 10 and encountered an issue with third party installed apps - when I minimize an app, after few seconds it closes automatically but appears in the task list. When I tap on the app it loads again... So frustrating
    please help I tried all background app options and nothing helped me I'm confused to reopening the apps everytime I minimized them............

VelizarPeshev000, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically

1. All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically - Similar Threads - modern apps minimizing

2. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...
  3. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...
  4. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: I have windows 11 22H2 KB5029351. It seems since a recent update, all my Fullscreen games are being automatically minimized at least every 10 seconds. I have tried a myriad of fixes, all to no avail. From updating graphics drivers, to changing windows settings. Any help is...
  5. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: I have windows 11 22H2 KB5029351. It seems since a recent update, all my Fullscreen games are being automatically minimized at least every 10 seconds. I have tried a myriad of fixes, all to no avail. From updating graphics drivers, to changing windows settings. Any help is...
  6. Help!!! All Windows 10 modern apps NOT-INSTALLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help!!! All Windows 10 modern apps NOT-INSTALLED: >>I cant explain properly But The Screenshot Does So check that First in the bottom So i just have a fresh install of windows 10 19042 and ALL the MICROSOFT STORE APPS are UN-INSTALLED they are only listed in the start menu and they show that they are in "installing" state...
  7. Windows Automatically minimizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Automatically minimizing: Windows 10. When idle my open windows or programs will minimize. For instance if I'm awaiting a game to load up or join a lobby, discord on my other screen will minimize automatically after a short time. This happens to all Windows, programs on either screen and is really...
  8. Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents: I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop. I do not have the issue in Windows 7. In Windows 10 however if I have a minimized document in word and open a new word document both the new and the minimized document are opened/maximized. Same happens in...
  9. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  10. Windows 10 - apps minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - apps minimizing: Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time. 27751