Windows 10: All Windows 10 restore options

Discus and support All Windows 10 restore options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I'm a little confused here. Apparently I can't increase the number of W10 Restore points to keep. I can only increase how much disc space to use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mustachio, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

All Windows 10 restore options

So I'm a little confused here. Apparently I can't increase the number of W10 Restore points to keep. I can only increase how much disc space to use. Also, by default W10 makes a Restore Point every day or 1440 minutes?

I thought upon install W10 creates a Restore partition at the end of your HDD. But I'm confused about what I can specify by turning on System Protection. Some sites show that only allows you to increase disk space for Restore Points.

I believe I don't need to, or can't, create a Restore "disc" (or usb) since I can keep the usb I used for install, boot to that, and get the options to get to 'Repair' where it will first try using Restore Points, namely, the most recent one.

I've found how to enable Volume Shadow Copy in W10 but wonder if that's necessary. It copies OS and data files but I've read enabling it, something that's non-standard in W10, can cause issues.

Finally, I've read conflicting accounts of how well 'Restore" works in W10 and wonder if it's worth trying System Restore for other partitions. I have lots of disk space but if as others have said YMMV I figure I'll skip it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

:)

Mustachio, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 24, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

All Windows 10 restore options [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. All Windows 10 restore options - Similar Threads - restore options

2. How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?: How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings? After a recent update to my Windows 11, the sign-in screen now asks me for my PIN. I prefer to use a password, but when I went into Settings, and my account information and settings, "Ways to...
  3. How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?: How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings? After a recent update to my Windows 11, the sign-in screen now asks me for my PIN. I prefer to use a password, but when I went into Settings, and my account information and settings, "Ways to...
  4. How can I wipe/delete restore from options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I wipe/delete restore from options.: When attempting a fresh Windows install on one my device, I encounter a long list of prior "Restore From" options. While it may not be a major issue since as I always choose "Set up a new device," it would be convenient if there was a way to clear this list. Is there any way...
  5. How can I wipe/delete restore from options.

How can I wipe/delete restore from options.: When attempting a fresh Windows install on one my device, I encounter a long list of prior "Restore From" options. While it may not be a major issue since as I always choose "Set up a new device," it would be convenient if there was a way to clear this list. Is there any way...
  6. Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  7. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  8. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  9. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing: I may have been tricked into downloading a malware that deleted my security options, thankfully it didn't go after my files. I've been in this situation for a few months now, it never hindered my computers performance and I can still do my work properly and download other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase number of restore points

2. windows 10 increase number of restore points