Windows 10: All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch.

Discus and support All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Photo: https://i.imgur.com/mB6buar.png I've reinstalled Windows using a clean install which only keeps personal files, and I've reinstalled windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielDawson1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch.

Photo: https://i.imgur.com/mB6buar.png

I've reinstalled Windows using a clean install which only keeps personal files, and I've reinstalled windows using the iso method that keeps files and programs. I've tried a lot of fixes up to this point as well, I'll try and list them below:

* Ran the registry fixer on ccleaner
    * Tried to run wsreset.exe
    * Went through the vast majority of fixes on this webpage https://windowsreport.com/windows-store-doesnt-open-windows-10/, including the powershell commands sfc /scannow which successfully runs with no issues
    * Cleared the windows store cache

None of these have fixed the issue, if I try to launch the Microsoft Store it just immediately closes itself, I ran a command to download the store again

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

and get this error: https://i.imgur.com/J8j2fIt.png.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

DanielDawson1, Jun 21, 2020

2. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    window store not working

Hi,

What is the error message you get when you try to access Store ,Camera, Alarm ,Calculator apps?

I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• On the desktop screen, press
      Windows key and R to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch.

Can't use Windows Store App or calculator

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to use Windows Store App or calculator.

The issue might be caused due to corruption in system files or corrupted user account.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and press Enter
      key.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select Windows Store Apps from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue is unresolved, perform step 2.

Step 2: Create a new user account.

Refer to the below link to create a local user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch.

1. All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch. - Similar Threads - Apps Calculator Alarms

2. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  3. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  4. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  5. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  6. Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc): I went to download something through the windows app store and ran across this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings...
  7. Windows Store Apps taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store Apps taking up space: So I tried to change where a game was gonna install to make sure it wouldn't take up my c drive. I started installing and realized it was still taking up my c drive. So I stopped the installation. I went and checked and my c drive was still almost full. I went and looked up...
  8. Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app: Hello all. My os is acting strange. Noticed some time ago while playing games... blue popup box would open on its own and say "This app can't open. There's a problem with Xbox Game Bar..." I would dismiss it a couple times then it would go away. Didn't think much of it as I...
  9. Microsoft store apps don't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps don't launch: I've had this problem for a while that some games for example Minecraft and minesweeper downloaded from the Microsoft store first open perfectly well, but once I restart my pc they dont work anymore crashes right away. So far I've tried to run windows update and microsoft...
  10. Windows Apps not working calculator, windows store, photo view, etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps not working calculator, windows store, photo view, etc: I purchased a new Microsoft Surface and from the first time I used it the windows store, calculator, photo viewer and other windows apps would try to open and immediately crash. The icons looked strange in the menus. I tried all the listed resolutions from other threads,...