Windows 10: All windows closed after sleep

Discus and support All windows closed after sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi reddit, New to windows world so apologies in advance.... but when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep at night, when I open it again, all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fingerscroxx, Jun 27, 2020.

1. All windows closed after sleep

Hi reddit,

New to windows world so apologies in advance.... but when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep at night, when I open it again, all the windows are closed.

After some searches, I've found that hybrid sleep tends to fix this, but also discovered that my XPS 9300 does not have hybrid sleep.

I also did a reliability history check and noticed that it says windows stopped working and that windows was not shut down properly over night.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/fingerscroxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fingerscroxx, Jun 27, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 27, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

All windows closed after sleep

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

All windows closed after sleep

1. All windows closed after sleep - Similar Threads - closed sleep

2. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  3. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  4. When I put my laptop to sleep then close the lid my laptop automatically goes to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I put my laptop to sleep then close the lid my laptop automatically goes to...: How Do I fix this. I am on a dell laptop. Dell Inspiron 15 3525 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-put-my-laptop-to-sleep-then-close-the-lid/1d1c3f41-fc94-4ff2-a12f-4de6877c6581
  5. When I put my laptop to sleep then close the lid my laptop automatically goes to...

When I put my laptop to sleep then close the lid my laptop automatically goes to...: How Do I fix this. I am on a dell laptop. Dell Inspiron 15 3525 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-put-my-laptop-to-sleep-then-close-the-lid/1d1c3f41-fc94-4ff2-a12f-4de6877c6581
  6. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...

When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...: In my PC, I've recently installed Windows 11. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. Additionally, when I open the lid, it restarts automatically. This issue keeps occurring whenever I close my laptop lid, and it didn't happen with Windows 10....
  7. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...: In my PC, I've recently installed Windows 11. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. Additionally, when I open the lid, it restarts automatically. This issue keeps occurring whenever I close my laptop lid, and it didn't happen with Windows 10....
  8. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  9. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  10. Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can...: I have an IdeaPad 3 15ALC6. Also using monitor as a screen so i need to close the lid to save up some space. I already tried changing settings on the power options to "do nothing". Already tried almost everything that you can find here but nothing works. The thing is, i can...