Windows 10: All windows closing.

Discus and support All windows closing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

All windows closing.

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016

2. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

Hi,

You will have to change the way you close tabs and windows.

The X in the upper right has always been a "Close this window" button.

If you want to close a tab, use the X on that Tab or middle-click the Tab.

Clicking the "Close this window" X then choosing to close only one tab is a

workaround that many users have become accustomed to, but it's a still a

workaround.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

I also want to know this. In windows 10 I either have to clos all tabs or cancel. Why can't I just close the current tab and go back to the main page?

JohnHalso27104, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

All windows closing.

1. All windows closing. - Similar Threads - closing

2. My settings window closes down after 1 minute of being open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My settings window closes down after 1 minute of being open: After I open the settings, sometimes the window stays open for a minute or two and then closes down. I have recently reset my laptop to factory settings but this did not happen before the reset...
  3. App won’t close

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App won’t close: Hi so i’m trying to remove some apps i don’t use anymore and i’m trying to delete Epic Ganes Launcher by using the control panel and it won’t uninstall. When i click uninstall, epic games launcher will open and not let me uninstall. I tried doing the thing with task manager...
  4. Microsoft store, search bar, and start menu apps list... they all close on their own before...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store, search bar, and start menu apps list... they all close on their own before...: Hi. Help MUCH appreciated. This is a new PC, only got today. 4 major errors so far, and I keep finding new ones.... 1 When I click MS Store, it just flashes up for a microsecond, then closes. I have tried a few fixes described, but nothing works so far. This means I can't...
  5. Window/App randomly closes if I accidentally click somewhere around top of the window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window/App randomly closes if I accidentally click somewhere around top of the window: I'm on a laptop, so why does this happen, is Windows 10 just trying to give me cancer? How do I turn it off? Why is this is a function when I already have the X button? As well as the option of right clicking the app on the taskbar and closing it that way, why do I need...
  6. Inbound Rules Closing Out

Inbound Rules Closing Out: So, every time I try to open the inbound rules window, for the windows firewall, the inbound rules windows just closes out. What can I do to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbound-rules-closing-out/0aa519b2-ed4d-43eb-87c5-ea4313c0761e
  7. Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately: Hello community. Have problem on Adobe reader 11. When user opens any PDF files it closes itself automatically. I removed it by its cleaner. i did all solutions found on Google & Youtube. OS is Windows 10 x64 LTSC. Any ideas how to solve it without reinstalling a...
  8. Microsoft Store not installing properly and closing immediately whenever I try to open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not installing properly and closing immediately whenever I try to open it: I've reset my PC completely and tried doing the repair upgrade, and the Microsoft Store is still corrupted and the troubleshooter detects no issues. I've tried using wsreset.exe but I get this error [ATTACH] Also tried removing and re-installing via Powershell and that...
  9. Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Closed Microsoft Account - Windows 10: I have a Window 10 laptop that I use a few times a year. I cancelled all my extra Microsoft accounts not realizing that the laptop was using one as an administrator. I tried to follow the directions to add an account, and it restarted, - however now I can't get in at all...
  10. "Settings" window keeps spontaneously closing. Help!

"Settings" window keeps spontaneously closing. Help!: Short version: I have a Win10 tablet. Whenever I try to open the "Settings" window, it spontaneously closes a second later. More detail: I purchased a Windows 10 tablet two years ago that has always worked just fine. Recently from my primary account, I created a "Visitors"...