Windows 10: All windows closing.

Discus and support All windows closing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

All windows closing.

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016

2. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

Hi,

You will have to change the way you close tabs and windows.

The X in the upper right has always been a "Close this window" button.

If you want to close a tab, use the X on that Tab or middle-click the Tab.

Clicking the "Close this window" X then choosing to close only one tab is a

workaround that many users have become accustomed to, but it's a still a

workaround.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

I also want to know this. In windows 10 I either have to clos all tabs or cancel. Why can't I just close the current tab and go back to the main page?

JohnHalso27104, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

All windows closing.

1. All windows closing. - Similar Threads - closing

2. Gamebar Recording system audio choppy/crack similar to when too close to mic and your sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar Recording system audio choppy/crack similar to when too close to mic and your sound...: Hi I have been encountering issues with the game bar recording whereby when I'm recording the audio is totally fine but when I look back at the videos recorded the audio is always choppy/cracked this has happened to many of my video recordings I only want to record the system...
  3. Gamebar Recording system audio choppy/crack similar to when too close to mic and your sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar Recording system audio choppy/crack similar to when too close to mic and your sound...: Hi I have been encountering issues with the game bar recording whereby when I'm recording the audio is totally fine but when I look back at the videos recorded the audio is always choppy/cracked this has happened to many of my video recordings I only want to record the system...
  4. games randomly closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games randomly closing: Recently out of the blue everytime i try to play a game it just randomly closes after 5-15 minutes no warning or error at all just closes and repeats https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-randomly-closing/81fb86a5-003f-4179-a51c-e8ccdedfb7d5
  5. games randomly closing

games randomly closing: Recently out of the blue everytime i try to play a game it just randomly closes after 5-15 minutes no warning or error at all just closes and repeats https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-randomly-closing/81fb86a5-003f-4179-a51c-e8ccdedfb7d5
  6. Opening task manager makes the screen blank until closed..?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening task manager makes the screen blank until closed..?: Opening task manager gives my monitor a black screen/blank screen, and the only way to close task manager since I cannot see anything is to have it in focus beforehand and alt+f4.I've tested to see if this is a problem from my monitors and did so by going on discord and...
  7. Opening task manager makes the screen blank until closed..?

Opening task manager makes the screen blank until closed..?: Opening task manager gives my monitor a black screen/blank screen, and the only way to close task manager since I cannot see anything is to have it in focus beforehand and alt+f4.I've tested to see if this is a problem from my monitors and did so by going on discord and...
  8. Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening.: Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-data-file-on-local-disk-c-automatically/625de6ae-3212-48d7-a5ee-a66c224d6a9e
  9. Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening.: Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-data-file-on-local-disk-c-automatically/625de6ae-3212-48d7-a5ee-a66c224d6a9e
  10. Program data file on local disk C automatically closes upon opening.