Windows 10: All windows closing.

Discus and support All windows closing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

All windows closing.

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Aug 23, 2016

2. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

Hi,

You will have to change the way you close tabs and windows.

The X in the upper right has always been a "Close this window" button.

If you want to close a tab, use the X on that Tab or middle-click the Tab.

Clicking the "Close this window" X then choosing to close only one tab is a

workaround that many users have become accustomed to, but it's a still a

workaround.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

I also want to know this. In windows 10 I either have to clos all tabs or cancel. Why can't I just close the current tab and go back to the main page?

JohnHalso27104, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

All windows closing.

1. All windows closing. - Similar Threads - closing

2. How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?: So apparently when you double-click on the top-left corner of a window in Windows 10, it goes ahead and closes out the window. This is a feature I absolutely will never use intentionally and have already run into the issue of it unintentionally closing out a window. How do I...
  3. Wake on Lan (WOL) does not work when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake on Lan (WOL) does not work when the lid is closed: I met problem when configuring wake on lan. After enabling wake on lan in BIOS and in network adapter settings, I was able to wake my computer from sleep. But the problem is my laptop won't wake up when the lid is closed. That is to say: When I manually sleep my computer...
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition closes after about a minute of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition closes after about a minute of use: Hi. A couple months ago I was playing Minecraft, and it worked fine. Now, a couple months and a couple updates later, the game will only load for a minute or so before turning white, and then closing. No error message is shown, it simply closes. This happens whether I try to...
  5. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep: Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the computer will awaken after sleeping and some or all of my open programs will have been closed. This includes Google Chrome,...
  6. Added a monitor, display resolution changes when laptop lid closed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Added a monitor, display resolution changes when laptop lid closed.: I just bought a new monitor (LG 27"), and at the moment I have the screens duplicated. Both are showing resolution of 3840 x 2160, and life is wonderful. Occasionally I'd like to close the laptop lid, OR at least go to screen 2 only (neck issues - trying to train...
  7. Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.: My PC keeps transparent marks of running or closed apps for a while. It even keeps the marks in the time of shatdown. I reinstall my window 10 but still facing the same problem. Is a problem of OS or hardware. What should I do to avoid this priblem....
  8. Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately: Hi there, Can anyone please assist, recently had an issue with trying to open command prompt, thought it had something to do with a issue on Windows 10 after an update. When I tried to use cmd to run a command I noticed it would just flash and immediately close, I read...
  9. facebook closing firefox when I type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    facebook closing firefox when I type: hi, facebook closes firefox when I am typing. all my text is lost. I have to continually copy what I've typed every couple of sentences. then reopen firefox and FB and paste it in. I can't find anyone else with the same problem. windows 10. Icould not find a topic that fits...
  10. apps close and slow performance

in Windows 10 Support
    apps close and slow performance: Today I find that working with my windows apps like browsers and other programming tools are slow. I tried to search for a file in one of my drives with explorer but explorer keep shutdown !! then Firefox also shut down !! What is this problem and how to solve ? 132350