Windows 10: All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time

Discus and support All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey! I have two monitors, same resolution, same scale ratio (200% since they are 4k's). I've got this problem with programs windows getting gathered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jfog, Jun 15, 2018.

1. jfog Win User

All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time

Hey!

I have two monitors, same resolution, same scale ratio (200% since they are 4k's).

I've got this problem with programs windows getting gathered on the main monitor in some cases after computer rests unattended. The problem is I can't tell what exactly causes the problem:
    - If I put it to sleep mode and wake up right away - windows are still on the same places where they were.
    - Tried to lock, lock and wait 1 min until it turns off screens - all ok after wake up.

But when I leave computer for longer time, can't tell how much - I found it with all the opened windows (across two monitors) on the same (main) monitor.

I had similar issue when I had one full HD and one 4k monitor, but that was worse, except described is also changed maximized windows to `windowed` mode, but filling whole monitor screen, which was very inconvenient. But that was caused by different scale factor on two monitors and gone as I got second 4k monitor.
    It was perfectly fine for a while but then this bug appeared, I think with Windows April update, what I also noticed Is that update changed resolution on one on of my monitors. I returned it to correct but the issue described above persist.

Any advice? How can I make windows stay on the same monitors where they were open? It worked fine before April Update...

:)

2. Recovery Screen Appears When Computer Attempts to Sleep

I have the same problem, but it's intermittent. (More accurately: I haven't been able to determine the pattern. Likely affected by screen blanking time or system sleep time, as described by OP.)

• Dell XPS 8700
    • i7-4790 processor
    • 24 GB RAM
    • 256 GB mSATA solid state boot drive
    • 64-bit: shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded to Windows 10

If you have any suggestions, please share.

Thanks.

damonbrinson, Jun 15, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time - Similar Threads - gathered main screen

2. Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows: Hi, I have severe, really severe problems working with Windows 11.The issue I have is this: My usual setup consists of two monitors, one "Main" monitor the laptop and an another monitor, which is connected to multiple devices.Even though my laptop monitor is my "main"...
  3. Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows: Hi, I have severe, really severe problems working with Windows 11.The issue I have is this: My usual setup consists of two monitors, one "Main" monitor the laptop and an another monitor, which is connected to multiple devices.Even though my laptop monitor is my "main"...
  4. Screen and sleep settings do not work all the time/screen stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and sleep settings do not work all the time/screen stays on: For the past 2 months I have had an issue where the "Screen & Sleep" settings do not seem to work sometimes. The default is Screen off at 5 minutes, Sleep at 20 minutes. I usually have Sleep set to never, but it has not seemed to be an issue since I got the computer February...
  5. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off: In a late reply to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 and the very arrogant answer from MikeWillis...
  6. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off: In a late reply to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 and the very arrogant answer from MikeWillis...
  7. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After sleep all windows are pushed to the left of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    After sleep all windows are pushed to the left of the screen: Hi there, I am running windows 10 before my system goes to sleep I have my windows scattered about my desktop. After I wake it up in the morning I find all my windows are pushed over to the left. Is there any way to keep the windows in their current position before...
  9. Main screen time and weather

Main screen time and weather: Weather on opening screen before desktop how to change from Washington DC to current location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/main-screen-time-and-weather/064200c8-a1b8-4b59-b295-c7c1c5324cdd
  10. Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...

Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...: I would like my programs to stay on the screens where I have put them, but instead, after the computer has been to sleep they come back all on the main screen and I have to drag some back to where they ought to be. Also, if a program is full-screen, I can no longer drag it...