Windows 10: All windows (office and Chrome) scroll without clicking mouse or rolling wheel

Discus and support All windows (office and Chrome) scroll without clicking mouse or rolling wheel in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; May be coincidence, but started right after I cancelled my Adobe Pro account. Already checked mouse click-lock and replaced Adobe Office *.dll file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Radar369, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Radar369 Win User

All windows (office and Chrome) scroll without clicking mouse or rolling wheel

May be coincidence, but started right after I cancelled my Adobe Pro account. Already checked mouse click-lock and replaced Adobe Office *.dll file. Nothing I've seen on user group boards works. All Office applications and Google Chrome browser scroll without being commanded to do so.

:)

Radar369, Feb 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll

Why does chrome jerk when scrolling with the mouse wheel. It does not do that in IE or EDGE

nevillematthews1, Feb 17, 2019
  4. annpalin Win User

disable middle mouse button click - scroll wheel click

How can I disable the middle mouse button click (aka scroll wheel click) in windows 10?

I am asking because my grandmother has problems with her hand and she is often causing her to click the scroll-wheel when browsing the web or using various apps. I tried to explain that she can just do another scroll-wheel-click to get out of the universal-scroll
    (or whatever its called when you click the scroll-wheel when in Internet Explorer) but she frequently forgets.

We have two different mice available. One is a Logitech BT85 optical mouse, and the other is also an optical mouse which came with her new ACER computer. I tried the specific Logitech driver (setpoint or whatever its called) for the Logitech mouse, and
    it only offers various settings to configure the scroll-wheel and scroll-wheel-click, but no option to totally disable the scroll-wheel-click.

I am familiar with editing the windows registry for windows XP, so I was hoping that maybe there was a registry key or something similar in windows 10 that would basically allow me to set the scroll-wheel-click to "do nothing". That way if she clicks the
    scroll wheel it won't try to scroll or zoom or anything.

Matt Shokoff

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

annpalin, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. All windows (office and Chrome) scroll without clicking mouse or rolling wheel - Similar Threads - office Chrome scroll

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  6. The scroll wheel on my mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The scroll wheel on my mouse.: Whenever I try to use my scroll wheel it changes my CPI I think because in the top left the amount I think its called will increase or decrease but the scroll wheel won't work on anything else. What do I do to fix this?...
  7. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  8. Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll: Why does chrome jerk when scrolling with the mouse wheel. It does not do that in IE or EDGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-jerking-with-mouse-wheel-scroll/f0e36aa7-133a-4211-a3a1-fd7b4f35ca3b
  9. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e
  10. Chrome and the mouse wheel

Chrome and the mouse wheel: Since CU I've been unable to get my mouse wheel to scroll in Chrome. It scrolls within the messages in Outlook. But it won't scroll in Edge or Chrome. All the settings have been triple checked and checked again. Something must have been broken in the Creator's Update....