Windows 10: all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?

Discus and support all windows open maximized and where is my desktop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the past few days, there must have been an update. 1. All of my windows open maximized, even the calculator, so I can't look at several, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarclayBlanchard, Nov 6, 2018.

1. all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?

In the past few days, there must have been an update.

1. All of my windows open maximized, even the calculator, so I can't look at several, like the calculator, my bank statement (in Edge), and an Excel file. I can't grab the bar at the top of the windows, and there isn't a double-arrow sizing cursor.

2. My desktop now looks like the one on my Surface does in Tablet mode. I had icons and links on the desktop as reminders to do things, and now I don't see them, I see tiles. This is really not good for a person (i.e. me) with ADD.

Help!!!

:)

BarclayBlanchard, Nov 6, 2018

2. opening apps in task bar maximized

Like most people I expect, I've organized my shortcuts on the desktop so that some apps open minimized, some normal, and some maximized. This is done right-clicking on the shortcut, opening the properties window and choosing in the 'run' window whichever
    size you prefer for that particular app/program. For example, I like to open file explorer as large as possible, i.e. maximized.

When it comes to shortcuts on the taskbar, however, I've never found a method which works. Take the file explorer shortcut. I can do this:

right-click folder which brings up the following list of options: desktop, downloads, documents, pictures, file explorer, unpin from taskbar

I right-click file explorer, then on 'properties' then choose run 'maximized', and click OK

Next time I click on the file explorer shortcut on the taskbar, instead of opening maximized, it opens in normal size.

I can maximize it manually of course, but it doesn't remember this, and the next time I open it from the taskbar, it's back to normal again.

This has been going on in multiple versions of Windows, at least back to Windows 7 and 8.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

Chris Saunders 1946, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Unable to maximize a window after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you're facing issue in Maximizing the Windows. Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if it helps.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 6, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?

1. all windows open maximized and where is my desktop? - Similar Threads - open maximized where

2. Maximized window does not used all desktop space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximized window does not used all desktop space.: When any window is there is a big gap between the task bar and the opened application. This happen with all windows. It seems the issue occurs when the PC gets back from sleep mode....
  3. Maximized window does not used all desktop space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximized window does not used all desktop space.: When any window is there is a big gap between the task bar and the opened application. This happen with all windows. It seems the issue occurs when the PC gets back from sleep mode....
  4. How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?: How to open all the software, apps, explorer, etc in a maximized window as default instead of small popup window as default? submitted by /u/Akkkivenkky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i85y5j/how_to_open_all_the_software_programs_in_a/
  5. desktop shortcut in maximize

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shortcut in maximize: How do I open the desktop shortcuts in maximize? I have gone to shortcut properties and there are no sizing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-in-maximize/f6183bce-b422-4214-8829-9e45f3c5fbcf
  6. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized: Upon powering up computer, when I launch certain shortcuts off the desktop, they open with a very minimized window. This seems to have occurred after a recent Windows update. I search the properties of the icon and there isn't any control offered. How do I control this...
  7. Windows are all maximized

Windows are all maximized: For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-are-all-maximized/a1abff87-d4c2-4a99-8aa3-bcef4d24316c
  8. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  9. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed): Hi All, Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program: Wacom Tablet preferences I downloaded the appropriate driver from the wacom website (it works, this is not a questions about...
  10. Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?: Is there a reg mod to Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized? I know how to change the properties to open the shortcut maximized...but I'm wanting ALL windows to open maximized. For example when right clicking on a folder in explorer and selecting "Open in new...