Windows 10: All Windows Update History Lost

Discus and support All Windows Update History Lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently on windows 10 x64 (1809) 17763.504 . Following the update installed on May 20th 2019 (KB4505056), all my windows update history has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cyberhash, May 21, 2019.

1. cyberhash Win User

All Windows Update History Lost

Currently on windows 10 x64 (1809) 17763.504 . Following the update installed on May 20th 2019 (KB4505056), all my windows update history has been deleted. Im guessing this is not expected . Anyone else have the same issue ??
    All Windows Update History Lost 9e4c8071-acbe-4ebb-8d44-0f7ae572b433?upload=true.jpg

:)

cyberhash, May 21, 2019
  2. Mr Ed Win User

Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. All Windows Update History Lost :)

Mr Ed, May 21, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 21, 2019
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. All Windows Update History Lost - Similar Threads - Update History Lost

2. KB5014019 update lost all sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5014019 update lost all sound: Installed this update, this AM, and lost all my sound. I ran the W11 sound trouble shooter and restored my sound. This the first time in 7 years using Dell computers with W10 and W11 that I ever had this problem. What gives?...
  3. Lost all files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  4. Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update

Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update: Hi, With the last update of Microsoft Edge, I lost all my internet history. Also the 'set these tabs aside' feature seems to be unavailable, and all the tabs that I has set aside with the previous version are now gone. I really need them back for work. Nowhere was I...
  5. Lost update history

Lost update history: Can Windows 10 Pro 1909 update history be recovered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-update-history/11ddafc9-15c5-44a6-bd0d-b6cfb0da5c1c
  6. Auto Update all is lost

Auto Update all is lost: All my Docs and most apps are gone sense my PC automatic update. It did it last week and I was able to go to users folder and find everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-all-is-lost/62acaead-e7d9-49f4-9924-ce7cb55595c1
  7. Unwanted update Lost all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted update Lost all files: Good Afternoon Automatic update on my computer which has completely lost all my files Assistance required Best Regards Kathryn Haworth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update-lost-all-files/34cb6c10-af50-4fc8-8255-28b189b4626b"
  8. windows update deleting all of history

windows update deleting all of history: Windows update that ran automatically this morning deleted ALL of my update history. Contacted Help and the person I was working with was trying to help me find the lost data. Has anyone else had this problem? What are the ramifications? It was there at 9:52 a.m. (I...
  9. lost history file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost history file: After upgrading to Windows 10, I lost all history files. Can you help me, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-history-file/c536595d-0d9d-4472-851c-fa8871ef9b7c"
  10. Lost file in File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Lost file in File History: Had to re-install Windows 10. Before doing this I backed up my computer using the Windows File History. After re-installing Windows 10 I am able to find all of my files, except one. It was the only file I had pinned to always show up as a recently used file. Are pinned files...