Windows 10: Allocate more disk space to system drive

Discus and support Allocate more disk space to system drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Takeshi18, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Takeshi18 Win User

Allocate more disk space to system drive

Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting Anything, data loss. How can I do this?

:)

Takeshi18, Nov 4, 2020

2. Reclaim Un-allocated Space (Formally System Reserved)

Hello,

I previously had run low on disk space on my Operating System Drive (SSD 250GB), my operating system (Windows 7) created a system reserved space (100MB) and placed the boot files there, this creates a warning on log in that a temporary paging file has been
    created.

I have now cloned this drive to a new 1TB Corsair SSD (Including the system reserved partition) with Active Boot Disk software. I have reclaimed un-allocated space on the new drive which was not identified during the cloning process. As the boot files were
    being stored on the system reserved partition, I conducted a "boot fix" on my Windows 7 Disc. This placed my boot files into the main partition and then I proceeded to make the main partition active and deleted the system reserved partition (now un-allocated).

Windows now boots from the main partition as intended,

However in Disk Manager, an un-allocated space created by the system reserved function exists and the Temporary Paging File Warning still appears on start-up, even though the new SSD has 800+GB of free space and the main partition is the
    boot partition. Also, the left most partition is the 100MB un-allocated space that I wish to reclaim but the option to extend the main partition is greyed out in and not available in active boot disk software and disk manager. I have tried to make the disk
    "dynamic" but it warns me there is not enough "space" on either partition to do so, which is simply not true.

TLAllocate more disk space to system drive :DR

I want to:

1. Merge the left most 100MB un-allocated partition (previously system reserved) with the main 800+GB partition
    2. Remove the temp paging file alert on start up
    Thank you in advance for any advice.

Wade.

Wade Hardie, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 4, 2020
  4. nseibel14 Win User

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Allocate more disk space to system drive - Similar Threads - Allocate more disk

2. more disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    more disk space: Can I buy more disk space and will i be allowed to download apps or programs with this additional disk space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-disk-space/fb4a9a17-795e-4755-8ad0-5f45200a0250
  3. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  4. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  5. Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk

Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk: Hi, I bought a new larger HDD and have cloned my original drive, which I intend to format and use elsewhere. The new drive has a boot partion C with Windows on it, as well as 1 TB of unallocated space. I want to create a new partition with that space, but when I attempt to...
  6. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

Need more space in Disk 0 C drive: Hello: I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored. Because I use a lot graphic development software I am running out of space in C drive and need more space. I know I can't move...
  7. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space: i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive...
  8. Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me.

Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me.: I am running into issues installing windows updates. It's the error that says I don't have enough space and through searching I needed to allocate more space to my D: drive. However, when I use disc management it doesn't show up with the option to rename and allocate more...
  9. Allocating Hard Drive Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allocating Hard Drive Space: Lets start from the beginning. I dropped my computer about a month ago and the hard drive started to fail on me so i shut the computer down for a while, got a new hard drive, and used a dock like thing to clone the stuff from my dying hard drive to my new one. my issue now is...
  10. Disk allocation and Drive permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk allocation and Drive permissions: Why do I get this error message and how can I resolve it? Error message reads: Unable to create record files for one or more tracks. Check your disk allocation and drive permissions." I have just purchased a Focusrite interface, downloaded the relevant software, but every...