Windows 10: Allocate unallocated storage

Discus and support Allocate unallocated storage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] I have a 1TB nvme ssd with 100GB of unallocated storage. When I right-click on my (C:) extend volume is grayed out. Is there any way to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Sniffle-, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Allocate unallocated storage

/u/-Sniffle-, Oct 14, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CAllocate unallocated storage :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 14, 2020
  4. mellaby Win User

Allocate unallocated storage

Removing unallocated Partition

I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?

mellaby, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Allocate unallocated storage

1. Allocate unallocated storage - Similar Threads - Allocate unallocated storage

2. I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...: I need to extend space in my c drive but under disk management, there is no unallocated space. When I try to shrink volume, I don't know what number to be added there. Kindly guide me how to resolve these issues....
  3. How can I allocate more storage to Apps and Features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I allocate more storage to Apps and Features?: Issue:I was having trouble installing MSFS 2020 using the Xbox App because the app kept telling to change my drive in the xbox profile settings but I have a 1.8T Raid 0 drive as the C drive.Leading up to the Problem:Every-time I booted, all but my windows 11 install m.2 drive...
  4. How can I allocate more storage to Apps and Features?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I allocate more storage to Apps and Features?: Issue:I was having trouble installing MSFS 2020 using the Xbox App because the app kept telling to change my drive in the xbox profile settings but I have a 1.8T Raid 0 drive as the C drive.Leading up to the Problem:Every-time I booted, all but my windows 11 install m.2 drive...
  5. Can't figure out how to allocate unallocated space to my D drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't figure out how to allocate unallocated space to my D drive: Please excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to the terminology. Hello, I recently bought a 2 TB SSD (Samsung Evo Plus 970) and tried to clone the data from my other SSD. The cloning seems successful as far as I know since data conversion wasn't lossy (256 GB --> 2 TB,...
  6. Difficulty allocating an unallocated partition after removing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difficulty allocating an unallocated partition after removing ubuntu: Hi all; I am new to this forum and did not know where to post my question, so I chose the general support. Please feel free to move it to the right section. Here is the story. Sorry it is long, but I tried to make it as clear as possible for you to understand: I have a y700...
  7. Difficulty allocating an unallocated partition after removing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty allocating an unallocated partition after removing ubuntu: Hi all; I am new to this forum and did not know where to post my question, so I chose the general support. Please feel free to move it to the right section. Here is the story. Sorry it is long, but I tried to make it as clear as possible for you to understand: I have a y700...
  8. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space: i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive...
  9. Windows 10 Home Disk Management problem allocating an unallocated partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Disk Management problem allocating an unallocated partition: I have an Unallocated partition between two allocated partitions (one is Recovery Partition, other is a Primary partition). When I try to allocate a new Simple Volume in that unallocated partition, I get an error: The selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which...
  10. Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation

in Windows 10 News
    Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation: Maybe - but Sharepoint itself is a bit of a cranky product. For instance it still has some features which only work with Internet Explorer - none of your new-fangled 'Edge' browsing! *Wink Yeah I know! Sometimes very frustrating, and some stuff didn't work properly...