Windows 10: Allocating Disk Space

Discus and support Allocating Disk Space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lawfulness_Negative, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Allocating Disk Space

I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows?

submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lawfulness_Negative, Nov 25, 2020
  2. oscure Win User

Disk partitions, allocated space

Need help moving allocated space from one disk to another.

I have a picture of the partitions if that helps

oscure, Nov 25, 2020
  3. mkrk Win User
    Disk Allocation

Hi everyone,
    It's Kousik here. I have installed xubuntu along with windows 10. To do that i had to re partition my hard disk which is of 1 tb. While doing this i can't allocate 250gb as primary partition.
    The message below is showing
    " You cannot allocate a primay partition because the disk already contains maximum number of partitions". Suggest me a way how to allocate that much amount of space in this situation Thank You

4. derMosen Win User

Allocating Disk Space

Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk

Hi,

I bought a new larger HDD and have cloned my original drive, which I intend to format and use elsewhere. The new drive has a boot partion C with Windows on it, as well as 1 TB of unallocated space. I want to create a new partition with that space, but when
    I attempt to do so in Disk Management, the New Simple Volume Wizard warns me that the operation will convert the basic disk into a dynamic disk. The warning does suggest that I will still be able to boot from my current boot volume, nonetheless I want to
    keep the drive basic to prevent other issues down the road. I also don't see why it wants to convert the disk in the first place, since the unallocated space is all on a single physical drive and there are no other drives connected.

Is it possible to allocate the space in Disk Management without the conversion?

derMosen, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Allocating Disk Space

1. Allocating Disk Space - Similar Threads - Allocating Disk Space

2. Windows doesn't want to allocate space to any disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesn't want to allocate space to any disk: Last week I reinstalled my OS for the new SSD upgrade. Initially I had a 512GB space HDD in which I can use up-to 465GB. After the upgrade when I tried to partition my HARD DISK memory, There I was only be able to allocate 366 GB of the space into two different disks F and I....
  3. Windows doesn't want to allocate space to any disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't want to allocate space to any disk: Last week I reinstalled my OS for the new SSD upgrade. Initially I had a 512GB space HDD in which I can use up-to 465GB. After the upgrade when I tried to partition my HARD DISK memory, There I was only be able to allocate 366 GB of the space into two different disks F and I....
  4. How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:: My laptop came with 1TB of space but the majority of it is in the D: drive. I have tried looking everywhere for how to extend the C drive. These are the things I've tried to do/ looked at doing:-I can't extend the partition because the space is on disk 1 whereas C: is on disk...
  5. How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:: My laptop came with 1TB of space but the majority of it is in the D: drive. I have tried looking everywhere for how to extend the C drive. These are the things I've tried to do/ looked at doing:-I can't extend the partition because the space is on disk 1 whereas C: is on disk...
  6. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  7. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  8. Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk

Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk: Hi, I bought a new larger HDD and have cloned my original drive, which I intend to format and use elsewhere. The new drive has a boot partion C with Windows on it, as well as 1 TB of unallocated space. I want to create a new partition with that space, but when I attempt to...
  9. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space: i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive...
  10. Disk Allocation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Allocation: Hi everyone, It's Kousik here. I have installed xubuntu along with windows 10. To do that i had to re partition my hard disk which is of 1 tb. While doing this i can't allocate 250gb as primary partition. The message below is showing " You cannot allocate a primay...