Windows 10: Allocating Hard Drive Space

Discus and support Allocating Hard Drive Space in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lets start from the beginning. I dropped my computer about a month ago and the hard drive started to fail on me so i shut the computer down for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicron10, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Nicron10 Win User

Allocating Hard Drive Space

Lets start from the beginning. I dropped my computer about a month ago and the hard drive started to fail on me so i shut the computer down for a while, got a new hard drive, and used a dock like thing to clone the stuff from my dying hard drive to my new one. my issue now is i upgraded from the original hard drive, now using a SeagGate FireCuda 2TB hybrid drive, the original being roughly a 1 TB. my problem now is there is about 1TB of that extra space that my computer will not let me use. ive tried expanding one drive or making it it's own drive but every time i do it just tells me i have no more space. Any ideas? I should also note two more things.
    1:i have never touched any of the allocations so i dont know 100% what im doing. the problem may be obvious and i just dont know it

2:if something looks majorly crewed up or wrong, i bought this computer used and have had several issues with things the original owner did to it. basically if something is screwed, its probably not my fault.

My disk management screen.

Allocating Hard Drive Space 4cce5ac9b44bff9ad8b1a0456dc71b4c.png

The error it shows when i attempt to extend drive F

Allocating Hard Drive Space d689182388da221a37417146c9314136.png

:)

Nicron10, Jun 9, 2019

2. Unable to allocate memory on hard drive with error message: "No space available"

I mirrored my hard drive from a 750GB drive to a 2TB hybrid drive and there is a 1137.6GB unallocated space on the disk. When trying to allocate it to hold information, through the "new simple volume" wizard it ends up saying that there is no space available.
    How am I able to make it useable? My primary drive is 10% free and the new space would make a perfect space to store all my photos. (budding photographer with nearly 500GB of pictures littering everything up)

Original title: Mirrored Hard drive issues.

JoshuaEmmel, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Use of drives wrongly allocated.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Windows 10 is not installed properly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "Windows 10 I discover that the 2TB hard drive that I used for photographs only has been allocated for use as the primary root drive C", are you referring that 2TB drive is where Windows 10 is installed? Which drive have you exactly clean
      install Windows 10?
    • What is the drive name where Windows 10 is previously installed?

Please get back to us with an update on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Allocating Hard Drive Space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Allocating Hard Drive Space

1. Allocating Hard Drive Space - Similar Threads - Allocating Hard Drive

2. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  3. Hard Drive Allocation Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Allocation Confusion: Hello! So, my PC has slowed down recently and at the recommendation of a friend I was looking at my SSD health when I saw this. Already I'm assuming my boot partition shouldn't be that large but the same hard-drive has many of my games downloaded onto it within the same...
  4. Hard Drive Allocation Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Allocation Confusion: Hello! So, my PC has slowed down recently and at the recommendation of a friend I was looking at my SSD health when I saw this. Already I'm assuming my boot partition shouldn't be that large but the same hard-drive has many of my games downloaded onto it within the same...
  5. Allocation of hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocation of hard drive: How do I allocate more space to the C drive on mycomputer I have 931 GB of available space but the OS is using 101GB's of the 102 allocated to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allocation-of-hard-drive/81c72fb0-229d-495f-9b05-aeaf94df3815
  6. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  7. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  8. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  9. Need help deleting a hard drive partition and re-allocating that space to my C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting a hard drive partition and re-allocating that space to my C drive: I'm only semi-computer savvy, so hopefully I don't sound too dumb trying to explain the situation, but here it is in a nutshell: I have an old Asus laptop that was running Windows 7. I had a hard drive partition, which gave me two drives: The main C: drive, and the...
  10. Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install: After receiving a BSOD which said critical process terminated, my laptop would not boot up anymore, giving an error that there is no bootable device, and to check the cable. Upon doing a diagnostic through Bios, there was no issue found. Therefore I decided to reinstall...