Windows 10: Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me.

Discus and support Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running into issues installing windows updates. It's the error that says I don't have enough space and through searching I needed to allocate more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CasNovak, Jul 6, 2019.

1. CasNovak Win User

Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me.

I am running into issues installing windows updates. It's the error that says I don't have enough space and through searching I needed to allocate more space to my D: drive. However, when I use disc management it doesn't show up with the option to rename and allocate more space. it only shows the help function.

Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me. 9c11e92b-f120-4bab-a08e-d69ff916516f?upload=true.png

Any attempt to run that as an administer has failed as well.

I can't get these updates installed without more space allocated to the drive and I've been having this problem for a few months now.

:)

CasNovak, Jul 6, 2019

2. Allocating free space from D Drive (Disk 0) to C Drive (Disk 1)

Hello,

I have an issue, I want to allocate space from my D Drive (which has 855gb of 'unallocated space'), to my C Drive which can hold only up to 117gb. They are both on two different disks (Disk 0 and Disk 1), so when I try to allocate this space into the other
    it will not allow it. I have even used a third party software to help.

I have been online looking for a solution but I cannot seem to find one. Before answering my question, I understand that this process may be difficult but I am desperate to increase the size of my C Drive, so please give me any solutions you have.

My computing knowledge is poor so I may not understand certain things. I have used 'Disk Management' to try to 'Resize/Move Partitions' but this is not possible as these two drives are on two different disks.

I only use my laptop to browse on the internet and to program music using FL Studio 11, so there may be many files I do not need.

PLEASE get back to me with a solution, I am willing to do anything.

Thanks in advance

RubenVilone, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jul 6, 2019
  4. nseibel14 Win User

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Allocating more space to my D: drive: disk management won't let me. - Similar Threads - Allocating more space

2. external hard drive shows up as 'local disk :D' and won't let me access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive shows up as 'local disk :D' and won't let me access it: So, this has been going for roughly 3 days now, but for some reason, my external hard drive shows up as 'local disk :D' and won't let me access it. Whenever I actually try clicking on the drive on file explorer, the error code is never consistent: sometimes it'll tell me...
  3. Xbox won't let me choose my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox won't let me choose my D drive: When I try to switch to D drive from general, it reverts back to C drive . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wont-let-me-choose-my-d-drive/fc7ef648-40e3-470f-9cea-82201e9ee2df
  4. Xbox won't let me choose my D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox won't let me choose my D drive: When I try to switch to D drive from general, it reverts back to C drive . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wont-let-me-choose-my-d-drive/fc7ef648-40e3-470f-9cea-82201e9ee2df
  5. Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management: I've been having trouble finding my disk drive d because if I'm not mistaken you are supposed to start with 2 disk drives c and d help as soon as you can...
  6. Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management: I've been having trouble finding my disk drive d because if I'm not mistaken you are supposed to start with 2 disk drives c and d help as soon as you can...
  7. Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  9. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  10. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...