Windows 10: ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS

Discus and support ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Guys, we are desperate now and seeking for help. We have copied photos from camera usual size is 10 gb max per folder, nef photos. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvoSchmidt, Feb 3, 2019.

1. ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS

Hello Guys,

we are desperate now and seeking for help.

We have copied photos from camera usual size is 10 gb max per folder, nef photos. Now the folders have 3TB and 5TB size on 128GB SSD disk, 1 photo have 4-9GB which is not correct and blue arrows appears (windows compression) When we turn it of nothing happen as it does have enough space as C drive is now on 0 free space. Anybody can help with this? I believe this will be something with the compression ti self and we are desperate.

I have attached photos, it was moved, not copied and it is crucial to get them fixed ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS :( , we tried to copy one photo to other PC, but the photo cannot be open even there, still 10gb.

ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS f8e2eafa-21f9-42ff-b052-6ea2c94a2fb8?upload=true.png ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS 45acb5f7-6421-46d4-a4c9-b05afd2f4811?upload=true.png

ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS 53e91257-d0f0-4b51-85b6-72cb2d5de7c0?upload=true.png

:)

IvoSchmidt, Feb 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 will not open my .NEF files

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with .NEF files. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to Windows Photo Gallery or Photos app.

Since NEF is a RAW format, the image usually have huge file size and it will take some time to get opened. I suggest you to try opening the image in Photo gallery and wait for some time and check if you are able to open the picture.

As a troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 3, 2019
  3. opening NEF photos

Hi Aliemebrie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What do you mean by NEF format?
    • Does the issue persist with other formats?
    I would like to inform you that RAW pictures are high-quality, uncompressed files that differ by camera manufacturer. Some common file name extensions for RAW picture files include: .cr2, .crw, .dng, .nef, .orf, .rw2, .pef, .arw, .sr2, .srf, and .tif.

You can view RAW pictures in Windows Explorer or Photo Viewer if you have the right codec for your specific camera installed on your PC. If you’re having problems seeing your RAW files,
    I would suggest you to use any converter to convert the format and then try to open in Photo App.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 3, 2019
  4. ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS

Why the new photos app does not show NEF files with full resolution?

Hi,

Thank you for the response and I apologize for the delay in response.

We had tried the .NEF Raw file taken from Nikon D3200 and found that we were able to open the picture in Photos app. But, this may happened due to the difference in the model of the camera, the size and the pixilation or minute change in the format
    settings.

As a troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS

1. ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE - WINDOWS 10 - NEF PHOTOS - Similar Threads - ALLOCATION SIZE ISSUE

2. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Now the NEF files for photos: Have taken photos at several weddings without a problem. Now the NEF files for photos Nikon naming on my win10 laptop are being destroyed when moving to a different folder. I will pay Microsoft for win11 that will not run on my laptop if they will quit destroying my photos....
  3. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Now the NEF files for photos: Have taken photos at several weddings without a problem. Now the NEF files for photos Nikon naming on my win10 laptop are being destroyed when moving to a different folder. I will pay Microsoft for win11 that will not run on my laptop if they will quit destroying my photos....
  4. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how to reduce MFT allocation size in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reduce MFT allocation size in windows 11: My windows 11 harddisk size is 471gb hard disk of which 91gb is being used by $MFTIs it possible to reduce $MFT allocation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-mft-allocation-size-in-windows-11/d7551597-585d-4d7b-a56b-f112ec129133
  6. how to reduce MFT allocation size in windows 11

how to reduce MFT allocation size in windows 11: My windows 11 harddisk size is 471gb hard disk of which 91gb is being used by $MFTIs it possible to reduce $MFT allocation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-mft-allocation-size-in-windows-11/d7551597-585d-4d7b-a56b-f112ec129133
  7. How to view allocation unit size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to view allocation unit size?: [ATTACH] When I view properties for a USB flash drive, I can see space used, free space, capacity and file system type. It does not display allocation unit size though. So where do I go to view that? Disk properties submitted by /u/Ken852 [link] [comments]...
  8. Ram Allocation Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Allocation Issues: Hey, I'm new(ish) to windows, and I can't seem to figure out how to increase the committed (Allocated) memory for a specific program. I have 65,536 MB installed RAM, however the program has 4600 MB committed to it, and maxes it out whenever its running. There is 49,360 MB...
  9. Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos: I installed the latest Windows 10 update, version 1903. I installed the RAW Windows extension. I use Windows Photos App. NEF files from my Z6 on an XQD card will open and look fine, but will collapse into random horizontal streaks in 3-4 seconds. What gives? NEF (RAW)...
  10. Allocation size issue - windows 10 - nef photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocation size issue - windows 10 - nef photos: Hello Guys, we are desperate now and seeking for help. We have copied photos from camera usual size is 10 gb max per folder, nef photos. Now the folders have 3TB and 5TB size on 128GB SSD disk, 1 photo have 4-9GB which is not correct and blue arrows appears (windwos...