Windows 10: Allow access to the microphone on this device - can't be changed (windows 10)

Discus and support Allow access to the microphone on this device - can't be changed (windows 10) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I want to allow apps to access the microphone on my Dell laptop but in Settings Privacy Microphone it says 'Microphone access to this device is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexLLLLLLLLLL, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Allow access to the microphone on this device - can't be changed (windows 10)

Hi

I want to allow apps to access the microphone on my Dell laptop but in Settings Privacy Microphone it says 'Microphone access to this device is off'. The 'Change' button below can't be clicked. I have a message above saying 'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization' - I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Please can I ask for a simple explanation - I'm not very techie.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

AlexLLLLLLLLLL, Aug 25, 2019
  2. NiklasG Win User

Microphone not working on Windows 10 Version 1803

In addition to

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone (left column)
    • Make sure "Microphone access for this device is on"
    • And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to on

as Ermish's suggested, I had to

• disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.

Then all my microphones worked again.

NiklasG, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Allow microphone access popup isn't showing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the microphone.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Is the issue app specific?

We would request you provide us the screenshot of the prompt “click allow on the microphone access popup” and the
    Microphone Privacy settings page in Windows Settings>Systems>Sounds>Microphone Privacy settings.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Allow access to the microphone on this device - can't be changed (windows 10)

MUTING MICROPHONE

Hi, TommyGaming

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor

try the following

Steps to follow to solve problems with the microphone in Windows 10 April 2018 Update

The first thing we are going to do is open the Windows 10 Configuration page and navigate through the Privacy> Microphone options. Once there, we must make sure that the switch of the option Allow applications to access the microphone is in the ON position.
    If not, we must activate it.

Just below this option, we will see a list of applications that can access the microphone of our team and from where we can control the access to the device of each of them individually. Therefore, for each application we have a switch with which we can indicate
    if we want to use the microphone of the equipment or not. In this list, we must check if the switch of the applications in which we have detected that the microphone does not work is in the ON position.

It is important to know that if access to the microphone on our computer is disabled, we will not be able to manage the microphone access permissions for the applications individually. If we find this case, then we must allow the operating system to access
    the microphone.

To do this, from the configuration page of Windows 10 April 2018 Update we go back to Privacy> Microphone and verify if the access to the microphone for this device is activated. If not, click on the Change button a small window will open with a switch that
    allows us to activate access to the microphone on our PC. After all this, we should check how the problems with the microphone in Windows 10 April 2018 Update have been fixed.

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Allow access to the microphone on this device - can't be changed (windows 10)

1. Allow access to the microphone on this device - can't be changed (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Allow access microphone

2. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  3. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  4. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  5. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  6. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  7. Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access"

Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access": Hello everyone, since one of the past updates last quarter of the year 2019, I could no longer do video calls thru messenger. My built-in speaker and microphone Laptop HP 15 -bs111ng suddenly is no longer "found" by the system. I have been using a headphone with built in...
  8. Allow microphone access popup isn't showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow microphone access popup isn't showing: When I click to unmute myself it says to click allow on the microphone access popup but it won't show, and if your answer is to make sure it's not blocked or go to the settings and click default then that also doesn't work....
  9. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  10. Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10 How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10 In Windows 10, having a camera and microphone as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, record...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 allow access to the microphone grey

2. allow access to the microphone on this device