Windows 10: Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings

Discus and support Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a way to push an organization wide policy which lets Standard users to change/sync their date and time settings. All these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abhi_BR, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Abhi_BR Win User

Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to push an organization wide policy which lets Standard users to change/sync their date and time settings. All these devices are Intune managed. Currently all the users have their "Sync time" button greyed out and needs admin credentials to sync time.

I have enabled Location to all users under https://endpoint.microsoft.com -> Devices -> Config Policy -> Device restrictions -> Privacy -> Enable location.

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

Abhi_BR, Jan 11, 2021

2. Standard user allow to change time

Hi,

OS is windows 10

Have an Administrator user and a standard user. Adm no problem

Standard cannot do it, option is not available (To change date/time)

In previous Windows (7, 8), local security policy was not listed, to fix it I used "GPEDIT", then go to security policy and set to allow change date/time.

I do not know if I can do that in this Windows 10 or there is another way

I need help on that

JorgeP1958, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Standard user allow to change time

Hello,

I suggest you to change the account type from Standard to Administrator and check if it works.

Here are the steps:

Login to your Admin account.

In search type User Account and hit enter.

Click on Manage another account.

Select your Standard user account and click on change the account type.

From this page select Administrator and click on Change account type.

After doing this switch user from Admin account to Standard user account and try to change the date and time.

Hope this works.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings

Standard user allow to change time

Morning, thanks for your replay

I changed it to off and the option to change it is available now but...

Then signed in with a standard user

clicked on Date Time (lower right corner)

Date time settings

Additional date, time & regional settings

Set date and time

Change Date and time

and I get the User Account control window asking for the adm password

Is there a way to edit the local policies like I did with previous versions? (GPEdit to make it available, then edit)

Is this version of Windows the "problem"? (Windows 10 Home)

I'll appreciate any help

Thanks

JorgeP1958, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings

1. Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings - Similar Threads - Allow standard users

2. Allow or block Standard Users from changing System Time and Time Zone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Allow or block Standard Users from changing System Time and Time Zone in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When a Standard user tries to change the system time or time zone, the […] This article Allow or block Standard Users from changing System Time and Time Zone in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Windows time sync issue for standard users on Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows time sync issue for standard users on Windows 10 Pro?: So in my organizations all users have standard Windows account. Whenever there is a daylight saving time change everyone calls in because they cannot sync time on their own it requires admin level access. Is there a group on Windows 10 Pro or any other way which can be...
  4. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings: The "change" button is grey and unclickable... how do I fix this? I'd like to set my clock to 12 hours instead of 24. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-the-date-and-time-manually-in/80b7f457-5d40-4fa1-ba93-e89f1fa01de0
  5. Sync of Date and time

Sync of Date and time: My windows 10 is not syncing date and time. I am doing it manually every time by going to control panel --> Internet time settings --> update now. The server mentioned by for time sync is 'time.windows.com'. i have verified 'windows time' services and it is in automatic mode...
  6. How to change standard user to a child user to create time limits on windows 10?

How to change standard user to a child user to create time limits on windows 10?: ow to change a standard user to a child user to create time limits on windows 10?I read a few avenues but all are iffy and not clear? I don't want him to lose what he has saved or what is connected to current account. Help Please?...
  7. New Date & Time Settings incorrect sync shown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Date & Time Settings incorrect sync shown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sponky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efqb0q/new_date_time_settings_incorrect_sync_shown/
  8. Prevent Users from changing the Date and Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Prevent Users from changing the Date and Time in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Most of the time Windows users are able to change the date, and time, especially in a single user scenario where it has administrative privileges. That said if you have a case where you are an Administrator, and you don’t [...] This post Prevent Users from changing...
  9. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178
  10. Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Change Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Change Time in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Change Time in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Change Time in Windows 10 Your PC's system clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. Time is a measure in which...