Windows 10: Allow apps to change settings greyed out

Discus and support Allow apps to change settings greyed out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sandeepshekar, May 19, 2022.

1. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated.

:)

Sandeepshekar, May 19, 2022
  2. stoosanub Win User

Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

no, the app/program I want to add is not on that list, I need to allow another app but it is greyed out, and the change settings button greys out, nothing to do with the router thats just highlighted as the first option in the app tab.

stoosanub, May 19, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 19, 2022
  4. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

language got changed in Windows 10.

Sorry this did not work in Step 1 No.5 select a country for the language does not allow me to change it is grey highlighted.

Same again in Step 2 No.4 Set as default does not allow me to change it is grey highlighted. Any other suggestions???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pappasmurf_1944, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Allow apps to change settings greyed out

1. Allow apps to change settings greyed out - Similar Threads - Allow apps change

2. Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.: I have reset the app, deleted and reinstalled it, set up new accounts etc. Nothing works. I have seen many previous questions with the same problem but no solution....
  3. Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app "Change mailbox settings" is greyed out and cannot be clicked.: I have reset the app, deleted and reinstalled it, set up new accounts etc. Nothing works. I have seen many previous questions with the same problem but no solution....
  4. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  5. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  6. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  7. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  8. "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out: Windows 10 HomeVersion:20H2Compilation: 19042.870Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0Computer: Desktop, Asus M4A88TD-M motherboardI would like to resolve an IRQ conflict between the video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 and four USB controllers - all these devices have...
  9. "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out: Windows 10 Home Version:20H2 Compilation: 19042.870 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Computer: Desktop, Asus M4A88TD-M motherboard I log in with the administrator account and run Device Manager, but the "Change settings" option on the "Resources" tab is grayed...
  10. Allow a device to connect greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow a device to connect greyed out: Cannot connect bluetooth device as when I hit connect I get the message that didn't work try again. Also in bluetooth menu allow device to connect greyed out....