Windows 10: Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Discus and support Allow connection to only one WiFi network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's? 126537 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Feb 3, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Hello,

Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's?

:)

lolcocks, Feb 3, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You should still be able to use NavyLCDR's second step without changing the WiFi password.

Bree, Feb 3, 2019
  4. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Allow connection to only one WiFi network? - Similar Threads - Allow connection WiFi

2. Why is network connection wifi only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is network connection wifi only?: At work we got a brand new computer that came with Windows 11 home which we upgraded to pro. We plugged in the network cable and the internet works fine. Now I'm trying to connect it to our server so it can download files but when I use the 'Connect to network' button it only...
  3. Why is network connection wifi only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is network connection wifi only?: At work we got a brand new computer that came with Windows 11 home which we upgraded to pro. We plugged in the network cable and the internet works fine. Now I'm trying to connect it to our server so it can download files but when I use the 'Connect to network' button it only...
  4. Wifi drops on only one device on only one network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi drops on only one device on only one network: Hello.I have an issue with my laptop and its internet connection.Laptop is an Asus TUF Gaming A172021 running windows 11.The problem I have is that for like a month or two now I have had connection drops when connected to my home wifi. The laptop is still connected to the...
  5. Wifi drops on only one device on only one network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi drops on only one device on only one network: Hello.I have an issue with my laptop and its internet connection.Laptop is an Asus TUF Gaming A172021 running windows 11.The problem I have is that for like a month or two now I have had connection drops when connected to my home wifi. The laptop is still connected to the...
  6. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only one WIFI connection won't work.: Hello, I have 2 routers, my ISP provided one, which I can connect to perfectly fine, and my linksys "booster" one, which I cannot get to connect with internet even when I can I only get .01Mbps. I've already done the following:Reset both routers.Renew IP address....
  7. how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network: Hello guys, I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on! I live in a building and have two separate small units located side by side. The are small and my wifi covers both apartments. In the...
  8. Is it possible to allow network file sharing only over one network?

Is it possible to allow network file sharing only over one network?: Hello, I was wondering if network file sharing can be allowed only over my office's WiFi and disable on all other networks such as hotspots. 128649
  9. WiFi not allowing connection

WiFi not allowing connection: Our Dell laptop, running Windows 10, will not connect to our primary wireless yet it will connect to our 'guest' internet. I went through all the resets, pws, etc yet after entering the pw, the message still comes back as something has changed. Nothing changed and two...
  10. Allow Windows 10 Pro to connect to only one WiFi?

Allow Windows 10 Pro to connect to only one WiFi?: Title says it all. Anyone know how to do it? 41656