Windows 10: "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

Discus and support "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarlFlannigan, Oct 18, 2020.

1. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

Hi

under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there.

I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything i've tried doesn't get this option to reappear.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

:)

KarlFlannigan, Oct 18, 2020
  2. LuiHQ Win User

Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

Hello,

I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone"
    section. Im really confused because I tried to search it up on the internet and I saw nothing relevant to my problem

LuiHQ, Oct 18, 2020
  3. John DeV Win User
    Your microphone is not allowed to access

Hello Pete,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I understand you're having trouble with your microphone in Windows 10.

Make sure "Allow access to the microphone on this device" is turned on

Press Win+I then search microphone privacy settings

click change and turn it on.

To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone . Then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.

After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

How to control which Microsoft Store apps can use the microphone

Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your microphone.

Under Choose which apps can access your microphone, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Oct 18, 2020
  4. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

Microphone - Allow Desktop (Same with Camera)

Under Settings > Privacy > Microphone, there is a section Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone, while at the same time, there is another section "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone". I am very clear on the Microsoft Store
    apps. But what are the desktop apps and Window features that need access to the microphone (and camera) that is outside of the Microsoft Store apps?

Hey there MSSW, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

"Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

1. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings - Similar Threads - Allow Desktop apps

2. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  3. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  4. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  6. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?: I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off Is there a way to only allow specific apps access? I just want one app to be able to access my webcam and mic but not the others...
  7. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  8. "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone": OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Why is Remote desktop connection not showing in the list? I have seen it on 2 other computers so I feel like it should be there. [ATTACH]...
  9. "microphone privacy settings"

"microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  10. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...