Windows 10: Allow just one user session at time

Discus and support Allow just one user session at time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here in home we have an PC with only 4GB RAM, and when we have more than one user logged in (more than one session opened) the computer get a bit slow.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rhemfur, Sep 25, 2019.

1. rhemfur Win User

Allow just one user session at time

Here in home we have an PC with only 4GB RAM, and when we have more than one user logged in (more than one session opened) the computer get a bit slow.

So, to prevent memory usage with users sessions Locked (logged in), is any way to configure Windows 10 to show just a Sign Out option without a Lock option? Or maybe a option to Sign Out all the opened sessions when an new user Sign-in?

Thank you

:)

rhemfur, Sep 25, 2019
  2. canadajob Win User

Windows 7 - automatic force logout the user after specific session time (even if user is active)

Hi,

I am looking for a way to force logout a user after 1 hour of computer usage. This will need to happen even if user is active.

It will be good to have some kind of message pop up on screen 5 minutes before the logout to indicate the user to save the details.

This is NOT

• idle time log out
    • Auto screen saver after idle time.
    User should be able to login again after entering the password....... and the 1 hour session cycle repeats.

logical steps may be as below.

1. trigger = user login
    2. counter time - time "system time now + 60 minutes"
    3. trigger 1 = (system clock time = counter time - 5 min)
    4. Action - system message ="you have 5 minutes to save your work. Please save your work to avoid losing it"
    5. trigger 2 = (system clock time = counter time )
    6. Action - Execute logout.exe
    I am not programmer and hence the steps mentioned above may not be accurate.

Please help either by guiding me to some of existing ready solutions available in market or a simple code (like time out counter).

Thanks

canadajob, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Allow just one user session at time

Standard user allow to change time

Hi,

OS is windows 10

Have an Administrator user and a standard user. Adm no problem

Standard cannot do it, option is not available (To change date/time)

In previous Windows (7, 8), local security policy was not listed, to fix it I used "GPEDIT", then go to security policy and set to allow change date/time.

I do not know if I can do that in this Windows 10 or there is another way

I need help on that

JorgeP1958, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Allow just one user session at time

1. Allow just one user session at time - Similar Threads - Allow user session

2. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  3. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  4. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Does Windows 10 Pro allow 2 users at the same time?? One user RDP and another console.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 Pro allow 2 users at the same time?? One user RDP and another console.: Does Windows 10 Pro allow 2 users at the same time?? One user RDP and another console.My father has to work from home and the softwares he works on are on the console PC,I also work on the console PC, so when my father wants to work on the PC , I actually also work.So is...
  6. Does Windows 10 Pro allow 2 users at the same time?? One user RDP and another console.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 Pro allow 2 users at the same time?? One user RDP and another console.: Does Windows 10 Pro allow 2 users at the same time?? One user RDP and another console.My father has to work from home and the softwares he works on are on the console PC,I also work on the console PC, so when my father wants to work on the PC , I actually also work.So is...
  7. Get time left from Windows Session before the active user is locked out of a session

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Get time left from Windows Session before the active user is locked out of a session: Hello:I would like to know, how much time is left before a user is locked out of it's current windows session in c#. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-time-left-from-windows-session-before-the/52998794-a29b-426e-947f-062d8c964bb2
  8. Consolidating multiple users into just one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consolidating multiple users into just one: Windows 10 - My current pc 3 yrs old inherited some issues when I moved everything from my old computer to this one. One thing was I had 4 Users. Have no idea why the tech did that but that is what happened. Accounts I had were Jack, Jaci5, JaciS, and one that was the name...
  9. Consolidating several users to just one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consolidating several users to just one: I had a computer with a corrupt hard drive years ago and it was set up with multiple Users. When I got my current PC an HP about 3 years ago everything was moved over the same as it was on the old computer. All fine and dandy until I just got a new laptop Dell with OneDrive....
  10. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users Signed In at One Time: I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy! Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question. 2620