Windows 10: Allow local connections through firewall

Discus and support Allow local connections through firewall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure where else to ask this. I want to be able to view my local website projects (I'm using WAMP server v.3) from other devices on the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alt3r3go99, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Allow local connections through firewall

Hi, I'm not sure where else to ask this. I want to be able to view my local website projects (I'm using WAMP server v.3) from other devices on the same network, so I can review my projects on my laptop and phone.

I've followed these instructions which work great, but I found out that I need to have the Windows Defender Firewall disabled, or else it blocks the incoming connections, even from within the local network. Now, I've tried for a lot of time to create an Inbound Rule, which is supposed to allow incoming connections from the local network, but so far, no luck.

Has someone figured this out already ? Any ideas appreciated

submitted by /u/alt3r3go99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alt3r3go99, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Restraint trafic and applications to access internet with Firewall when connected with Dial Up SAT connexion

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to block apps and programs from accessing network connection through Windows Firewall:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • On the Windows Firewall page, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Uncheck the box to the left of the application names to disallow them from accessing network connection.
    • If other programs are not listed, just click Allow another program/app button to add them.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Allow local connections through firewall

I need a firewall that allows me to easily block / unblock programs.

Another problem with router firewalls is they often simply see all local traffic as good. So, for example, they would do nothing to protect a connected computer from infection from an inserted infected USB stick. And they may do nothing to protect other connected computers on the same network from malware distributed by the USB stick infected computer.

So I agree - use a decent hardware based router firewall to protect us from external threats, but each locally connected computer should use a decent software based firewall too. Fortunately, it does not take any special techniques or proprietary code to block a port. And the vast majority of users never need to create firewall rules so the firewall built into Windows is more than adequate for most users. If more flexibility is desired, then there are plenty alternatives and Windows Firewall will gladly step out of the way. Users just should not assume the alternatives are blocking ports better. It does not work that way. A blocked port is a blocked port.

Bill_Bright, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Allow local connections through firewall

1. Allow local connections through firewall - Similar Threads - Allow local connections

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  7. firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,: nedd to allow program through firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-need-to-allow-program-through-wall/2e6c3e47-5a20-4ea7-a837-ac38ecc1a51a
  8. Brother printer not allowed through firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer not allowed through firewall: After a tech support call with Brother it was determined that the firewall is blocking the printer communication. I have had it USB wired and now wireless with the same issue. I know I can allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall but the printer is not...
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...