Windows 10: Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

Discus and support Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor. After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JC in Philly, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor.

After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away from the computer for an hour or so, it goes to sleep and the monitor screen is blank. When I return, I should be able to press the SHIFT key on my keyboard or move my mouse to wake up the laptop but it doesn't work. I have to open the lid on my laptop and press the power button and then it wakes up immediately.

My last 5 computer all laptops have been set up the same way with the external monitor and keeping the lid closed - I've never had any problems waking up the computer with the keyboard or mouse.

How do I fix this?

:)

JC in Philly, Dec 31, 2019
  2. EdwardYQ Win User

Keyboard and mouse cannot wake the computer after sleep

My new computer (windows 10) cannot wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse, despite that in device management the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer. The drivers are up-to-date. Only the power button wakes the pc after sleep. In Management
    Engine Interface (power management) I have corrected the "wrong" setting that the computer is allowed to turn off this device to save power. Besides, I turned off hibernation with a restart as suggested. Does someone maybe have a solution for this problem
    ?

Edward

EdwardYQ, Dec 31, 2019
  3. keyboard, mouse issue after wake up.

I'm amazed how upgrade windows works back down! Until the recent upgrade I could wake up my computer with mouse and keyboard. Now, if I put my hardware to sleep, I cannot do it anymore. Pressing the power button my computer is awaken - but... I can use ONLY
    my mouse as an IO. Whenever I hit ANY key of my keyboard, my mouse freeze, my keyboard freeze, and my computer is dead.

Now, I looked up device manager. The keyboard is HIDDEN, it doesn't work properly, b/c the driver isn't installed! Every attempt to uninstall/ install the driver, any suggestion that I'll have to allow my keyboard to wake-up my computer doesn't work!

Funny thing is that my keyboard IS MICROSOFT keyboard (and I do not have intention to change it).

I tried to lookup the events, tried to change registry. Nothing worked.

So, please, do not send me an answer like "step 1. step 2., etc. Just fix it - it's your fault for sure.

Thank you.

ZlatanKadić, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, and it works perfectly with it.

I have checked "Allow the computer to turn off this device" with all my USB hubs. And set the wake up part with my Keyboard en Mouse.

Something else you could try is:
    • Win-x -> o (Power Options)
    • Change plan settings
    • Change advanced power settings
    • USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Set to Disable

See if this helps. On my system, it is enabled, but I heard that some devices/drivers have a problem with this.

Rudy Mas, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

1. Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer - Similar Threads - Allow mouse keyboard

2. Keyboard and mouse refuses to wake laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse refuses to wake laptop: The keyboard nor mouse will wake this wonderful MSI laptop. In the Power Management for the Keyboard & Mouse, both the "Allow this device to wake the computer" box is checked & yet only the Power Button wakes it up. Any suggestions to relieve this great stress?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse refuses to wake laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse refuses to wake laptop: The keyboard nor mouse will wake this wonderful MSI laptop. In the Power Management for the Keyboard & Mouse, both the "Allow this device to wake the computer" box is checked & yet only the Power Button wakes it up. Any suggestions to relieve this great stress?...
  4. USB mouse wakes laptop, 'Allow this device to wake the computer' is unchecked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB mouse wakes laptop, 'Allow this device to wake the computer' is unchecked: My Windows 10 laptop is being woken from sleep by a USB mouse. When the mouse is not plugged in, my computer doesn't wake from sleep unexpectedly.When plugged in, the mouse has two entries in the Device Manager called 'HID-compliant mouse'. I have unchecked the 'Allow this...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep

Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep: Hello,When I go to device manager and look at the various keyboards, mice, HID devices or USB devices, the option under "Power Management" to "allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. Also, on most of the devices listed, "power management" is not even an option....
  6. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  7. Wake from USB keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from USB keyboard/mouse: Hello, I am trying to make it so my windows 10 laptop will wake via my USB connected keyboard/mouse. From everything I read the main routes are to either go to device manager and right clicked on Keyboard, then properties, and then the power management tab, but none of my...
  8. Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard: Help me to set up waking the pc with a mouse or keyboard. Normally when my laptop goes to sleep, I have to press the power button to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-the-pc-with-mouse-or-keyboard/951b0a7c-36ee-4242-8eff-9a9d3fe59be0
  9. Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC

Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC: I have the option clicked on to have the mouse and keyboard to wake the pc up on sleep mode, but it will not work. Any suggestions? I have went to device manager and made sure the option is clicked on both to wake up pc not working. I have also checked for updates on...
  10. mouse/keyboard wont wake pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse/keyboard wont wake pc: Since the last Windows updates at the beginning of the month, my mouse and keyboard will not wake pc from sleep mode. I am having to do a shutdown and startup again to use pc. I am not particularly savvy on how to fix, but any plain english ideas to solve this would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow keyboard to wake computer windows 10