Windows 10: Allow Multiple Unique Keyboards

Discus and support Allow Multiple Unique Keyboards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wish Windows distinctly enumerated multiple keyboards connected simultaneously and allowed custom extended layouts. This would simplify setting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Helmanfrow, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Allow Multiple Unique Keyboards

I wish Windows distinctly enumerated multiple keyboards connected simultaneously and allowed custom extended layouts. This would simplify setting up advanced workflows for design, audio & video production, gaming, math & science (and probably many other applications) without requiring expensive proprietary input devices and their drivers or clumsy workarounds requiring a lot of scripting.

:)

Helmanfrow, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Multiple keyboard layouts shown for keyboard languages

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It could be that individual keyboards are installed for that particular language. You can check the keyboards installed by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. On the left pane, click on Language.
    4. Click on the language pack for which you see multiple keyboards and select
      Options.
    5. If you see multiple keyboards, click on the keyboard that you want to remove and select
      Remove.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

Hi Graham,

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates? If not I suggest you to check.

Also I suggest you to check whether the devices are governed or configured through group policy as you mentioned multiple devices used in a domain environment such as hospitals.

I suggest you to check whether the Onscreen Keyboard is working or not. Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Allow Multiple Unique Keyboards

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Allow Multiple Unique Keyboards

1. Allow Multiple Unique Keyboards - Similar Threads - Allow Multiple Unique

2. Multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple keyboards: Hiya there, I play an online combat game called WarThunder and I had a question, is there any way I can run two keyboards simultaneously and not have them interfere with each other, so the same key does different things depending on which keyboard I use, I run windows 10 and...
  3. Multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple keyboards: Hiya there, I play an online combat game called WarThunder and I had a question, is there any way I can run two keyboards simultaneously and not have them interfere with each other, so the same key does different things depending on which keyboard I use, I run windows 10 and...
  4. Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk: I have Xml file which have one unique reference id, I have to rename each Xml file with each unique reference number. Is there any way to rename all the Xml files with their Unique reference number at once?...
  5. Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk: I have Xml file which have one unique reference id, I have to rename each Xml file with each unique reference number. Is there any way to rename all the Xml files with their Unique reference number at once?...
  6. Multiple Unique Keyboards

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Unique Keyboards: Hello! I am a full-time live- and post- video-editor with a hankering to have task-specific keyboards. Is it possible to have 2 or more, unique keyboards attached and recognized separately? Any attempts I've made in the past have resulted in them appearing as mirrored...
  7. Multiple keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple keyboard languages: Hi, I'm wondering why there are so many keyboards languages in my keyboard list (Windows + spacebar) but none in my settings. I'm also bothered because it changes from time to time and I don't need any of those other setups. I'd really like to delete them all except...
  8. Display settings not allowing multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings not allowing multiple displays: Since the update yesterday in windows 10 insider, my settings in multiple displays is not functioning correctly. most boxes are blank, and with not allow me to extend display to all monitors? Brian...
  9. Windows defender / firewall allow exception for softphone application with unique EXE...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender / firewall allow exception for softphone application with unique EXE...: Hello all, I could really use some help with a problem we have encountered with a downloadable softphone application on our conferencing user interface being blocked by windows firewall. While we can run it anyway this may not be possible or inconvenient for external...
  10. Windows defender / firewall allow exception for softphone application with unique EXE...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender / firewall allow exception for softphone application with unique EXE...: Hello all, I could really use some help with a problem we have encountered with a downloadable softphone application on our conferencing user interface being blocked by windows firewall. While we can run it anyway this may not be possible or inconvenient for external...