Windows 10: Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders

Discus and support Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This article will show you how to allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance […] This article Allow OneDrive to disable Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 22, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders

WinClub, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

Found the problem. Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders :)

While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled.

If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no longer have any access issues or UAC prompts afterwards.

Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 22, 2020
  3. homer_3 Win User
    How to disable inherited permissions on a folder by default?

When I create a folder "foo" under the C: drive, I then run

icacls "C:\foo" /inheritance:d

to remove permission inheritance on it. But if I create a folder under foo like C:\foo\bar, bar still gets the inherited permissions Users added to it and it can't be removed without 1st running icacls /inheritance:d on it as well. Is there some way to disable
    the inherited permissions by default instead of having to run this command all the time?

homer_3, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders

Inherit permission from the parent folder in Windows Server 2012R2

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want the child folder to inherit the permissions from the parent folder. You can try the following steps and check if that helps:

1. Right click on the folder to which you want to provide permission.
    2. Click on Security tab.
    3. Click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Enable Inheritance and.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

If that doesn’t help, as you are using Windows Server 2012R2, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who
    are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows Server.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Allow OneDrive to disable Windows permission inheritance in the synced Read-only folders - Similar Threads - Allow OneDrive disable

2. What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?: pretty much the title. taking a look at the Boot folder for example in C Drive/Windows; on my PC, Administrators and Users have permission to Read as well as Execute, but not WriteRead is pretty self explanatory; with this example, it means those in the Admin and User groups...
  3. Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder: Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder. I know it's related to the loss of administrator rights. I have the problem on my home computer and also my work computer, which are both in Windows 10 21H1 . After following the information that was given on the other...
  4. Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive: I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files...
  5. Files and Folders Permissions Inherited

Files and Folders Permissions Inherited: So with windows 7, if i had an external drive D:\ with read and execute only permissions for user X, and these permission were inherited from the drive D:\ if user X opened the drive, selected a folder on the drive and right clicked, there would be a UAC symbol by DELETE,...
  6. Can't disable Read-Only on folders

Can't disable Read-Only on folders: When I try to disable Read-Only it just keep undoing my action I'v treid every solution from here:https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/ I really don't know what to do....
  7. disable inheritance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable inheritance: I could not ope folder or save in it file becase window tell me that I have not permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-inheritance/6e4f53b8-eb24-4e41-9723-36675cefac92"
  8. Inheriting permissions setting

Inheriting permissions setting: Someone from another computer added themselves as administrator to my computer and is causing problems. I cannot delete them from that administrator setting until I turn off the inheriting permissions setting. How do I find and turn off the inherited permissions setting on...
  9. permissions, inheritances

permissions, inheritances: After transferring all files and programs from my old damaged laptop to my new laptop (both Win 10) I find I cannot access many older files. "You do not have permission". How can I disable all permissions so I can straighten this out?...
  10. Enable or Disable Inherited Permissions for Objects in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Inherited Permissions for Objects in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Inherited Permissions for Objects in Windows Enable or Disable Inherited Permissions for Files and Folders in Windows [img] Information On ReFS volumes, you can set security permissions on files and folders. These permissions grant or deny...