Windows 10: Allow only 1 IP to reach port 7777

Discus and support Allow only 1 IP to reach port 7777 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a home gaming server (running Terraria). I'd like to set the firewall to only allow traffic from 1 public IP address on its 7777 port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xuede, Jun 13, 2020.

1. /u/xuede Win User

Allow only 1 IP to reach port 7777

Hi all,

I have a home gaming server (running Terraria). I'd like to set the firewall to only allow traffic from 1 public IP address on its 7777 port (which I have the router forwarding to the server).

Can someone help with how I'd set this up?

Thanks in advance for any help,

All the best,

Michael

submitted by /u/xuede
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xuede, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

block and allow ip from accessing port

Hello TeckyWilson,

Windows firewall helps keep your computer more secure. It restricts information that comes to your computer from other computers and gives you more control over the data on your computer. For this to work, you need to properly set up the forwarding rules on
    your router to your system. Then follow the steps below to allow incoming Port 80 connections from 3 IP addresses:

1. In the run dialog box, type in wf.msc and press Enter to open the
      Windows Firewall with Advanced Security interface.
    2. In the left pane, click on the Inbound Rules.
    3. Click on the New Rule...
    4. Under the New Inbound Rule Wizard, click Custom.
    5. Choose the appropriate options for your case. All programs or
      This program path.
    6. In this step, fill up the correct protocol type and number.
    7. Under Scope, you can input the IP address of the machines that are allowed to connect.
    8. Under Action, choose Allow the connection option.
    9. Next, check the options on which profile this rule with take effect.
    10. In this step, you need to provide the name for this rule, then click
      Finish

After setting up, this setting will apply on new incoming connections.

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jun 13, 2020
  3. block and allow ip from accessing port

Does anyone know how I can do this?

I have data coming from 3 IP addresses to my computer. I forward them in my router to port 80.

My router does not allow me to block all apart from the 3 IP addresses.

So, can I block inbound traffic accessing port 80 and allow 3 ip addresses?

These are public IP addresses, not in house IP's.

Any help is appreciated.

TeckyWilson, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Allow only 1 IP to reach port 7777

Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Allow only 1 IP to reach port 7777

1. Allow only 1 IP to reach port 7777 - Similar Threads - Allow reach port

2. Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows: So, when i start my pc and go to my bios all my Usb ports work, but when i go to windows they stop working. Every usb port still hast power but there is no data transfer. Like written above only the Usb 3.2 Gen 1 ports work fully. I have upgraded my power supply and...
  3. Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows: So, when i start my pc and go to my bios all my Usb ports work, but when i go to windows they stop working. Every usb port still hast power but there is no data transfer. Like written above only the Usb 3.2 Gen 1 ports work fully. I have upgraded my power supply and...
  4. Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...

Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...: HiWe have a sudden problem where printers were inactive. I removed all drivers and re added the network printers using IP. When I sent a test page it will spit out error message. I then check the PORTs and i cannot see IP and printer selected WSD. I have to manually added the...
  6. USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2: Hi, It already happened to me several times - sometimes, a USB device that worked fine on USB1 (just a name of a USB port), stops working on this port, and when I connect this same device to another 'new' USB port, it works. I happened to me with a DisplayLink docking...
  7. How to configure firewall to allow inbound traffic from only certain IP addresses?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to configure firewall to allow inbound traffic from only certain IP addresses?: Hey, I am using a windows server to serve my website. I am also using a reverse proxy to protect against DDoS attacks. I need to allow traffic from only the reverse proxies IP addresses. I have a sample of what I want to do that uses Linux iptables. iptables -I INPUT -p tcp...
  8. 2 HDMI ports only 1 works

2 HDMI ports only 1 works: Intel i7-9700F @ 3GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti I have one Monitor hooked up works fine and I'm attempting to hook up a 2nd monitor to the 2nd HDMI display port on the PC yet NOTHING happens. Both HDMI cables and Both Monitors work when using the initial...
  9. Firewall: How can i allow a programm to communicate only in LAN (IP range)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall: How can i allow a programm to communicate only in LAN (IP range)?: Since i tried a virtual machine i have 2 IP adresses that some programms use. I use RemoteMouse (iOS App) to control my PC and since VM (and 2 IP adresses, default and new virtual switch) the use becomes laggy. I see in Ressourcemonitor it is using/listening/sending on the...
  10. port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip: Port 25565 is open on the external IP but closed on the internal IP so I can't start a Minecraft server. The server opens when I put in the domain but it doesn't open on other networks. Does anyone know how to fix this?...